“Another fabulous lunch!”

La Brezza Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
La Brezza Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #62 of 3,668 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 1st Ave & 9th St NE
Transit: Bus #9 stops next to our restaurant. C-Train, Bridgeland/Memorial
Description: La Brezza, meaning ocean breeze, is considered to be one of Calgary's finest Italian restaurants. Opened in 1987 and still in its original location - once the owners house, La Brezza continues to offer an elegantly simple Italian cuisine, emphasizing traditional home-cooked goodness. You can enjoy a satisfying lunch and dinner menu with daily specials and you can even indulge on Sundays as we are one of the few local restaurants open 7 days a week. We pride ourselves in offering great food, great service, and a warm, relaxed atmosphere. See you soon!
Reviewed May 17, 2012 via mobile

I always have the special and have never been disappointed! 3 fabulous courses! A plus yet again!

1  Thank LarryLeach
Marco A, Owner at La Brezza Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2012

Thank you very much for sharing your La Brezza experience with us Larry. It means a great deal to me that you would take the time out of your schedule to provide us with the gift of feedback.

I would also like to thank you for choosing La Brezza Ristorante and we look very forward to seeing you again.

Kind regards,

Reviewed May 16, 2012

As per suggestion of the charming owner of La Brezza as we were leaving, to write about his fabulous restaurant on Tripadvisor, here goes! (Maybe that's why it's #1 in Calgary?) Mother's Day dinner was both good and bad, but certainly not excellent, as other's are writing. We thought it would be quite busy, but the restaurant was always less than half-full. Our waitress was incredibly slow, and the service very choppy. Out of our party's 6 people, 4 liked their meals, but certainly weren't raving about them. The pasta dishes were good, according to my children & dad, and my mother-in-law enjoyed the Gamberi Alla Marco. On the other hand, my husband's veal dish (Alla Brezza) had soooo much garlic in the sauce, it was inedible. My veal Piccata Al Limone was forgettable, and serving focaccia instead of baguette slices with the bruschetta appetizer was awkward and unsatisfying. So, if you usually rely upon Tripadvisor for #1's, don't get your hopes up with La Brezza. In the immortal words of Jim Carrey: "I've had better."

2  Thank runaway_with_me

Thank you very much for sharing your La Brezza experience with us. It means a great deal to me that you would take the time out of your schedule to provide us with the gift of feedback, even if it was unfavourable. I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations on that evening.

I encourage guests to share their feedback negative or positive because I can't fix what i don't know, and similarly can't stay in business if I don't know what people like.

Your words were taken to heart and we shall build from them. Thank you for your input into my restaurant.

Kind regards,

Reviewed May 15, 2012

The owner was there and was just wonderful had a great dinner! You will need to book as very popular worth the trip out of town.

1  Thank SydneySkiNZ
Marco A, Owner at La Brezza Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2012

I would like to personally thank you for choosing La Brezza Ristorante and for taking the time out of your busy schedule to provide us with valuable feedback about your experience.

I Love my customers!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed May 13, 2012

I had an early reservation at this restaurant. It was very quiet and the staff had time to spend with me. They were very gracious and welcoming. I ordered a bold Amarone to have with my dinner. It was a perfect combination with the Rack of Lamb.

The Rack of Lamb was prepared in a sweet, tangy sauce, which was unlike any other I have had. I was so impressed with it I asked my server to give my compliments to the Chef. Much to my surprise, the Chef, Ashraf Chouchene, came out from the kitchen and introduced himself. We talked a bit about the preparation of the dinner, and it was truly a memorable experience. I would be very happy to return here next time I am in Calgary.

2  Thank Georgia L

I would like to personally thank you for not only choosing La Brezza Ristorante, but for also taking the time out of your busy schedule to provide us with valuable feedback about your experience.

I Love my customers!!!!!!!!!!!! I was thrilled to hear you had an enjoyable experience, hope you enjoyed your trip and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed May 9, 2012

My partner and I wanted to treat my parents to an early Mother & Father's day meal, on their last night in town. We got there right when it opened, and had the place to ourselves for the first hour. Between the four of us, we ordered the special - which was bruscetta, choice of salad or soup (went for a caesar) and a chicken breast with spinach manicotti and veggies; cannelloni, fettucine with scallops, shrimp and asparagus, and fettucine carbonara, caprese salad and more caesar salads.

Everything was fresh and the mains were piping hot. All four of us enjoyed our meals mightily! The server was attentive, topping up water glasses when low, and clearing plates promptly. Marco the owner stopped by our table for a couple of visits, and he shared some of his experience moving to Canada and running a restaurant - a very interesting guy!

We finished our meal with coffee and dessert; we shared tiramisu and the dessert of the day, a torte filled with strawberry cream and topped with brandy. Both were a huge hit, but the tiramisu is still my favourite!

The atmosphere and setting is great, intimate and familiar, almost like visiting someone at home, and having them prepare an excellent meal for you. Its not the cheapest food in Calgary, but here, you get what you pay for and more - the quality and service is consistently excellent.

Thanks for an excellent evening La Brezza, we had a great time!

4  Thank Thornappley

I Love my customers!!!!!!!!!!!!