“A great place for a special meal”

La Brezza Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
La Brezza Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #62 of 3,668 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 1st Ave & 9th St NE
Transit: Bus #9 stops next to our restaurant. C-Train, Bridgeland/Memorial
Description: La Brezza, meaning ocean breeze, is considered to be one of Calgary's finest Italian restaurants. Opened in 1987 and still in its original location - once the owners house, La Brezza continues to offer an elegantly simple Italian cuisine, emphasizing traditional home-cooked goodness. You can enjoy a satisfying lunch and dinner menu with daily specials and you can even indulge on Sundays as we are one of the few local restaurants open 7 days a week. We pride ourselves in offering great food, great service, and a warm, relaxed atmosphere. See you soon!
Reviewed December 27, 2011

My husband and I recently celebrated our 22nd wedding anniversary at La Brezza.
From the moment we walked in, we were warmly greeted and shown immediately to our private room.
Our waitress, Martha, was very attentive throughout, offering us a wine selection and assisting us in making our decision. The Santa Cristina Casasole was very nice – crisp, a little bit sweet, and sparkly. She also came by to see how we were enjoying each course.
The 5 course meal was served at our leisure – we were never rushed through a course or left hanging waiting for the next, and the food was superb! The fresh bruschetta starter had just a little zing to it, and lovely garlic flavour, while the bread came to the table freshly baked and warm. The appetizer platter was amazing – the calamari had a very thin crispy coating and was cooked to perfection – no rubber bands here! The prawns were a three-bite size – again, beautifully cooked. The eggplant parmagiana was a change for us, as this is not something we would normally order, but it was very tasty. The whole platter had a slightly spicy sauce over, which I enjoyed tremendously, but my husband found a bit much. The dressing on the Caesar salad had an unusually buttery texture, but it was a very nice alternative to a creamy dressing, and the flavour was beautiful.
Our next course was the cannelloni and mushroom pasta, again very well executed and tasty, followed by an extremely tender chicken breast with mushroom sauce and mixed vegetables. We finished with the tiramisu, which was very rich and nicely done.
The amount of sauce on each dish was perfect – the food was not swimming in it, nor was it scant.
All in all, I would definitely recommend La Brezza for any special occasion, and I would like to return to try some of the other menu offerings.

2  Thank Teresa D

Reviewed December 26, 2011

I went there for my birthday and I haven't enjoyed a birthday party this great for the longest time. The food was amazing and Marco even bought me a drink for my birthday! It was a full course dinner and I loved the layout of the course menu from appetizer to dessert, highly recommended this restaurant for any special occasions!!

1  Thank Darkfantasy N
Reviewed December 24, 2011

Went there in mid December for Business luncheon. Marco is a treat and food was really close to home.

1  Thank gbuonin
Reviewed December 24, 2011

We were there couple of weeks ago and I was amazed with the service we got there. Staff was friendly and food was one of the best I have tried in Calgary.

1  Thank Sid S
Reviewed December 22, 2011

We picked La Brezza based on the many very favourable reveiws. Maybe we hit La Brezza on a bad night, but our meal was average at best and quite pricey for what we got. The appetizers were fine, the salads were fresh (although light on the oil), the soup was hot and the shrimp were tasty but expensive ($15 for 4 small shrimp). Service was polite, but slow - they warn you to expect 35 minutes to prepare your food, but it took 45 minutes AFTER we had finished our appetizers for the main courses to show up. When they did show up the vegetables on my plate were cold and the pasta and shrimps & scallops were look warm at best. My wife's pasta (gluten free) to accompany her shrimp was hot. I sent my plate back which was probably a mistake since when it came back the shrimp & scallops were tough and over cooked and tasted as if they had been re-heated (which, obviously they had). My son's lamb was tasty but definitely charred on the outside. Portion sizes are on the small size - the grilled shrimp and prawns that I had came with 3 shrimp, 3 scallops, about 1/2 cup of vegetables and 1/2 cup of pasta. Wine selection is very limited. Dinner for 4 (2 salads, one soup, 2 appetizers and 3 main courses, no desserts) was about $150, or $200 counting the wine.
Maybe I was expecting too much, but it was pretty average. There are much better Italian choices in Calgary - Prego's, Villa Firenze, Da Guido's just to name a few.

3  Thank exgeo