“Simply delightful and amazing!”

La Brezza Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
La Brezza Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #74 of 3,711 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 1st Ave & 9th St NE
Transit: Bus #9 stops next to our restaurant. C-Train, Bridgeland/Memorial
Description: La Brezza, meaning ocean breeze, is considered to be one of Calgary's finest Italian restaurants. Opened in 1987 and still in its original location - once the owners house, La Brezza continues to offer an elegantly simple Italian cuisine, emphasizing traditional home-cooked goodness. You can enjoy a satisfying lunch and dinner menu with daily specials and you can even indulge on Sundays as we are one of the few local restaurants open 7 days a week. We pride ourselves in offering great food, great service, and a warm, relaxed atmosphere. See you soon!
Reviewed December 20, 2011

Fantastic fresh Italian food! The owner Marco is very welcoming and the atmosphere is amazing. The servers are very professional. They make you feel right at home. The food was delicious. I cannot wait to go back!

1  Thank Bella M

Reviewed December 20, 2011

Boy, there sure are a lot of reviews for this place by single review reviewers... that always makes me wonder. But, the place is good. Parking is brutal, but worth the effort. The old house is cozy if crowded. The Italian food is high quality, the veal and cannelloni were both good. But, Italian in my view, can be classified three ways: either as Pizza Hut/Spaghetti Factory junk, middle of the road authentic, or Mario Batali... Mario, this isn't. But it is authentic and fresh. Service was good, the visit from the owner was warm and genuinely friendly. Thanks!

If you are looking for an interesting spot and pretty darn good Italian, then venturing out of downtown to Brezza is worth it.

3  Thank voegelin
Reviewed December 20, 2011

That's what Marco told me - and I agree. Despite living in Calgary for many years I had never been to La Brezza although I had always heard that it was great.
I made a reservation for lunch but forgot to change it to a later time when my business meeting went overtime and we got there an hour late.
Despite my screw up Marco & staff made us feel welcome and got us a table.
Clean white linen (nice!), great wine, excellent service, excellent seafood linguini & calmari and after the lunch rush we had a sit down chat with Marco - someone we had never met before. The whole experience was kinda like having a gourmet meal in your living room with your best friend.

1  Thank DTCalgary
Reviewed December 19, 2011

great food great people and just a fun place will be back next time im in town

Reviewed December 18, 2011

the food was grat, great service , friendly people