“Great food”

Neighborhood: Alyth - Bonnybrook - Manchester
Canada
“Great food”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I've been here many times and the food is amazing. The staff are asian, friendly and gracious people. I recommend the dumplings and the mandarin chicken (like eating candy). I'm sure that the sodium count is off the chart, but you only live once. Everything comes out of the kitchen steaming hot. Delicious!

The only drawback is that it is a little pricey. And check their hours as they are only open at certain times during the day. We usually go for lunch, so arrive earlier than noon or you'll be left waiting.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank ChuckyCanada

“What a Ripoff”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Stop in at Kam-Han for a quick lunch before a meeting, exterior appeared decent enough. Ordered wor-won-ton soup as I thought it would be fast. And at 12 bucks a bowl I assumed it would be filled with lots of good stuff. Fifteen minutes later my small bowl arrived which consisted of two tiny pieces of broccoli, two very tiny pieces of canned shrimp, two pieces of curled-up tough and chewy chicken slices, two pieces of pork which were 60% fat, two tiny and thin pieces of beef, four doughy won-tons and a couple of small leaves of cabbage for $12.00. Server was difficult to understand and not friendly at all. Very bland and somber ambiance. Other menu prices appeared unusually high, maybe because of such little competition in the neighbourhood although the place was not busy at all with only three other tables occupied at lunchtime.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank wayouthere
Calgary, Canada
“Food great, service not so much”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

They have the best salt and pepper chicken in town. Other than being told I'm to fat to sit in a booth, and being stood over while we ate, the foods great. Pricey but great.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Kat-from-Calgary
“excellent”
Reviewed January 31, 2012

we have gone to kam han for decades on spiller road thru different owners and decided to give it another try for lunch this time. We were plesantly surprised to find they have a nice lunch special with your choice of rice, a spring roll, wor won ton soup and then a choice of many different meat dishes. I had the ginger beef and my husband had the sweet and sour pork. The food was very tasty and filled our plate and our appetites. We topped it off with green tea. Service was friendly and fast and speedy.

• Visited January 2012
2 Thank dijan_12
“Bland Bland Bland”
Reviewed December 30, 2011

I love my Chinese food and I usally get take out at a simple little place in Canyon Meadows. Always happy. We decided to order from Kam Han in Avanita Place. Absolutly no taste what so ever. I love left overs but put the rest down the garburator. I will say the people were nice and the place is very up scale though.

• Visited December 2011