Joey's Seafood Restaurants - Crowchild Trail
Ranked #2,432 of 3,625 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Neighborhood: Northwest Calgary
Description: Welcome to Joey's Restaurants - Home to Canada's favourite Fish & Chips. Whether you crave hand-cut Wild Alaskan Pollock, Cod, Haddock, Halibut or Salmon prepared in trans-fat free Canola Oil, Joey's Seafood Restaurants has exactly what you are fishing for - outstanding seafood and shellfish including Fish Tacos, Shrimp, Crab, Calamari and much more. Experience Joey's signature Tartar Sauce and freshly prepared seafood sauce and find out what makes our light and crispy batter so famous. Discover our wide variety of soups, salads, wraps, sandwiches, chicken, ribs, ocean fare and desserts. With 58 franchises in BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, and Ontario, check our map to find a location near you. Connect with our text club or e-club for rewards. Sea you soon!
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Wanted to go to Saigon Y2K across the way but it's shut on Mondays. We were trapped in our hotel so ordered fish and chips which we make at home quite regularly. Our homemade recipe involves fresh fish in a beer batter which is terrific. We make our own mushy peas too. Our chips are always done beautifully - but enough about us...let's talk about the professionals!

Everything is just fried - I mean...fried. No flavour, no finesse, no fresh, flavourful fish. What's your gig? What do you do well? Why would I pay $26 for some flavourless fillets of god-knows-what which look as though they've been stepped on along with really greasy, flavourless chips? If you are really satisfied with this level of dross, then why would you not feed yourself at McDonald's for a third of the price?
A word about the so-called mushy peas - come on! There was not a pea in there - just green slop.

There are newer reviews for Joey's Seafood Restaurants - Crowchild Trail

Reviewed July 23, 2013

I went to this restaurant because it was within walking distance of my hotel. I wanted something quick and something I could take back to my room. I ordered fish and chips and three average pieces of fish, fried of course. It came with a large order of french fries. I received the extra tartar sauce that I asked for. It was fast, and hot. I thought the price was excessive for what I received. Three pieces of fish and chips cost $15.

1  Thank mauchtu
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I ordered a takeout which took almost 45 minutes (for fish and chips???). The place had just 3 tables occupied so there was no reason the preparation took that long. The fish was wrapped in a butter sheet while very hot, stuffed into a box with hot chips - by the time I got to the hotel (5 minutes away) both the fish and chips were limp and tasteless.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

I ordered a fish sandwich and got a chicken sandwich. Did not like the chicken sandwich. The bread was on garlic bread and the chicken was grill burned. I do not like charbroiled food especially if it is more charred and tastes like charcoal.

1  Thank cathy h
Reviewed May 2, 2012

I first gave it 5 stars the first time because almost everything was excellent. But when I re-visited this restaurant on last Friday (April 27, 2012), I was pretty disappointed. Everything was only so-so. Hence I found that the chef was simply another person. I wonder if the management has also been changed...

1  Thank CityJudge