“ripped off!”

Ranked #1,511 of 3,679 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Seafood, Street Food
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Neighborhood: Haysboro
Description: Welcome to Joey's Restaurants - Home to Canada's favourite Fish & Chips. Whether you crave hand-cut Wild Alaskan Pollock, Cod, Haddock, Halibut or Salmon prepared in trans-fat free Canola Oil, Joey's Seafood Restaurants has exactly what you are fishing for - outstanding seafood and shellfish including Fish Tacos, Shrimp, Crab, Calamari and much more. Experience Joey's signature Tartar Sauce and freshly prepared seafood sauce and find out what makes our light and crispy batter so famous. Discover our wide variety of soups, salads, wraps, sandwiches, chicken, ribs, ocean fare and desserts. With 58 franchises in BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, and Ontario, check our map to find a location near you. Connect with our text club or e-club for rewards. Sea you soon!
Reviewed January 16, 2014

I wanted to take my husband to Joey's because he has never been. We stopped for lunch. We were both equally unhappy with the quantity and felt it was over priced. We left hungry and spent $50.

3  Thank scatz2014

Reviewed December 2, 2013

my husband, my sister and I went out for dinner Saturday night.I ordered the roast chicken. The chicken was dry and the rice was salt. My husband ordered the 12oz steak. Very dry and no flavour. My sister had the lobster melt. That was really good. The server kept playing with her hair.. Playing with her hair and then giving out the silverware. I had to ask her for new silverware. She didn't understand why? She didn't come around with refills on coffee. I had to ask for that.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

A Chef offers a nicegood for this Restaurant, offers a fine dining experience in a natural setting unparalleled in the Calgary region. If few more facilities will be added then this could be a very good resturent.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

Went here on a Friday night with a girlfriend. Went into lounge because it was very busy and the wait was long. It was loud and busy but that's expected for a friday and a lounge. All the free tables were dirty because the girls were busy but we were served quickly and table was wiped down. Food was only OK. A little expensive I found for what you get. Drinks are crazy expensive. I don't think I will be going back. Nothing special about this place.

1  Thank Jennifer C
JoeysCanada, Corporate Office at Joey's Seafood Restaurants MacLeod, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

Hi JenniferC,

I think you may be thinking of the wrong Joey's. Our Macleod Trail restaurant does not have a lounge nre does it have Crazy expensive drinks.

Reviewed May 6, 2012

We take our family here every 3 months or so. We class this as fast food, and as such, don't expect much in return, from avoidance of preparing our own meal...sometimes fish a little oily, but I would disagree with other reviewer. We head there on a weekend night, and we eat for quite a reasonable price. Occasional Groupons assist in this regard also...

1  Thank DorashCalgary
JoeysCanada, Home Office at Joey's Seafood Restaurants MacLeod, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2012

Can't wait until you try our new menu and our varied flavours. A little history - when we switched to liquid canola oil in 2004, we found that our fish & chips became slightly more oily simply because liquid canola doesn't solidify as it cools like solid shortening. We found the benefits far outweighed being a little more oily in the end.