“Standard Joey's Food, Great Ambiance”
Review of JOEY Eau Claire

JOEY Eau Claire
Ranked #49 of 3,645 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Canadian, Grill
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: An original that defines what's great about originals. Lounge, dining room, and a patio in summer, right outside Eau Claire Market in downtown Calgary.
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The food was what you normally get with Joey's, which is good restaurant chain food. The location was great, close to my hotel and the ambiance in this location was one of the best I've seen at a Joey's.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

I don't know what it is about Joeys Eau Claire but we keep going back time and time again. It is the same food as other Joeys but the vibe inside the restaurant and lounge area is always very good, I think people are just happy when they are in the Eau Claire area.

Service is always prompt and friendly, you will cerainly enjoy your meal at Joeys Eau Claire before heading out to Prince's Island Park or just along the river walk way. We love the outdoor seating area as well during the summer months.... I feel like going there right now its so much fun!

Reviewed March 31, 2013

I wasn't expecting much for this busy roadhouse style restaurant in the Eau Claire neighbourhood. That said, all the food coming out of the open kitchen (that we sat right next to) looked good, and we all enjoyed our food. Fish tacos were great.

One suggestion, since they accommodate kids they may as well print up a kids' menu and make them feel like they're not an afterthought.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

I like going there. The bar seems to be packed all the time and can never get in. I was looking forward to having the tuna salad. I had seen someone else have it on a previous outing. The dressing overpowered the salad. It would have been really good if there was dressing or maybe something less of an ingredient that made it too heavy. Either way, it was disappointing. I should have asked for the dressing on the side.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Always bustling and lively. Noisy on weekends, but to be expected. Decent renos since my last visit.
No major wait for a table, service was consistent and prompt. Food came quickly, even though the room was full. Hot, fresh and delicious.
No complaints for our quick visit. Space your orders if you want to take your time.
Will certainly return.