“Tuna salad”

JOEY Eau Claire
Ranked #73 of 3,547 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Canadian, Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: An original that defines what's great about originals. Lounge, dining room, and a patio in summer, right outside Eau Claire Market in downtown Calgary.
Canada
“Tuna salad”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I like going there. The bar seems to be packed all the time and can never get in. I was looking forward to having the tuna salad. I had seen someone else have it on a previous outing. The dressing overpowered the salad. It would have been really good if there was dressing or maybe something less of an ingredient that made it too heavy. Either way, it was disappointing. I should have asked for the dressing on the side.

Canada
“Good food!”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Always bustling and lively. Noisy on weekends, but to be expected. Decent renos since my last visit.
No major wait for a table, service was consistent and prompt. Food came quickly, even though the room was full. Hot, fresh and delicious.
No complaints for our quick visit. Space your orders if you want to take your time.
Will certainly return.

Calgary, Canada
“Fun Place, Fab Food”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

For somewhere that has the feel of an Earl's to it, you'd be forgiven for not expecting great things. Admittedly, it is not the height of fine dining, but Joey's has managed to get some very creative food on their menu. I recommend the lobster toasted sandwich... unexpected and very good. The servers are efficient and professional (so far as you can be when obviously forced to wear skimpy black dresses). Price-wise, it is good value for money and would probably be my first choice for a "call in meal" when in the Eau Claire district.

Visited March 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Nice surprise”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

My husband and I had just finished 2 weeks of skiing and returned to Calgary to take our nephew out to dinner. We were also returning to Toronto on the redeye that same evening. Upon entering the restaurant, I was initially turned off by the loud conversations. It was very busy, but the hostess was able to find a quiet table near the window. I loved my chicken curry pasta dish and both guys had the beef dip which they also enjoyed. Service was friendly and I had copious fillings of water to hydrate myself for the plane. Apparently, there is not a large selection of restaurants in downtown Calgary, except in the Eau Claire area so we lucked out. The outdoor seating area would be nice in the summer.

“Vegetarian welcomed”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

This restaurant offers to substitute soy protein (mock chicken) to replace meat in any of the dish on the menu...at no extra cost! And it tastes very good.
It is the first time I go to a restaurant where it is possible to do that. The initiative is highly welcomed.
I will definitely go back there to try all their other yummy dish!

1 Thank joubahop