“Pretty good, sometimes hit or miss”
Review of JOEY Barlow

JOEY Barlow
Ranked #87 of 3,770 Restaurants in Calgary
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The original JOEY location. Easy to get to, and with the airport right next door, it's convenient for that pre-international escape meal or cocktail.
Reviewed March 27, 2014

I used to LOVE Joeys, then they replaced the pasta alfedo with chicken with something else. I'm not a huge fan of house-made pasta if its not done right and sometimes it's been good but there've been times in between that it's missed. I wish they would bring their old Chicken Alfredo Pasta back!! Otherwise, it's good as always :) really nice place.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

We had a great experience with Joey. We were seated quickly and had great service. Food was okay, but we only ordered sandwiches.

Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

Small portions, slow service, high prices, extremely noisy, and the first time I have been asked if my wife and I would like separate bills (that part was good).

Reviewed February 3, 2014

We stopped in on a Friday night before heading out on our flight later that night and the service was excellent. We were seated very quickly and the waitress was very good at checking in and making sure drinks were topped up etc.

Two friends had steaks which looked real good and I had the fish tacos that were excellent. Very good meal and service with a reasonable price.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

My wife and I had dinner at this restaurant on December 19th prior to returning back to Ontario. While I have frequented this restaurant for business or pleasure many times I cannot express enough how disappointed I was in a dishonest employee that works there. My wife had forgot her purse at the restaurant and did not realize this fact until the next day. Since we were departing Calgary early in the AM we figured we would call the restaurant and have them deliver the purse to the Marriott Residence Inn that day. We had been staying at the Marriott for the better part of 2013 and knew the front desk staff very well. They could then courier it to our home. Since the restaurant was 5 minutes away my wife politely asked if the manager could perform this task. The purse was not delivered until the following day and was minus the $600 my wife had taken from the bank to buy Christmas gifts for our grandkids. Based on where we were in the restaurant and the fact that it was slow we figured everything would be okay. Unfortunately it was not locked in the safe as indicated by the manager as there was a conflicting story about it being with another person up front whom was supposed to deliver the purse. Karma does go around and whoever decided to take that money will hopefully get their fill of bad Karma. I on the other hand will not be frequenting this restaurant for business or pleasure in the future based on how this situation was handled.