“Chicken...”
Review of JOEY Crowfoot

JOEY Crowfoot
Ranked #157 of 3,537 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: American, Canadian, Bar, Grill, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Northwest Calgary
Description: Private dining area, nice comfy welcoming dining room and a lounge fit for, well, lounging. Lots of parking too.
“Chicken...”
Reviewed May 23, 2014

Birthday parties... more than 4 people, all arriving at different times... when I was a waiter, I hated those groups. Joey's service staff handled us perfectly. Timing was right on, the drinks came as needed, the food was delivered hot as it was ready from the kitchen. No complaints at all about the service staff (except, just where do they get off only hiring the most good looking!). I hate restaurant chicken, except the Swiss kind. Other places, you need a gallon of gravy because of the dry breast. What do I do? I order the Bistro plate, a half chicken +. When it was delivered, it was cooked. Like blackened cooked. My throat closed up at the thought of being scratched by the dry meat. I pulled off a piece of breast, and true to their advertising, the brine soaking ensured that this chicken was FABULOUSLY moist. The flavour was perfect. The gravy was that perfect marriage between the fat needed and the flavour of the sun dried tomatoes and basil. all the other guests loved their lobster sandwich or soup or chicken sandwich (which is the same chicken). The only downfall tonight was the veggie burger. For vegetarians, the ones I know, texture place a major part of enjoying the food. It is very difficult (I try at home) to get to that perfect point of moist and not mushy/slimy texture in a veggie burger. Tonight the error was on the side of slimy. But overall, thanks for making the night fun.

• Visited May 2014

Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
“Steak and stuffed potatoes in a spring roll”
Reviewed May 15, 2014

Your best bet is to arrive early as this is a very popular restaurant .We had a great steak but the most interesting combination was the whipped baked potatoes stuffed in a spring roll and deep fried. The price was reasonable giving the exceptional presentation and taste factor of the meal.The servers were very attentive and looked after our every need.

• Visited May 2014
“Always good”
Reviewed May 15, 2014

My friend and I chose Joey for lunch, i must admit that I eat here and at other Joey Restaurants in Calgary fairly often. The food is always good, the service attentive and friendly and it is excellent value.
This time I had the crispy Chicken sandwich. It is mouthwatering with a nice spicy sauce. I chose the house salad to accompany the meal. This salad is awesome. My friend had lunch salmon and also enjoyed it.
Joey has a great bar atmosphere. Besides Crowfoot, Try Eau Claire and Chinook. All terrific.

Visited May 2014
“Weekday Dinner”
Reviewed May 7, 2014

A bit of a wait to be seated, but this restaurant is always busy. We were seated by the fireplace to wait for our table. Food was very good. Service attentive. This place is very noisy and loud, but has a happy, fun vibe to it...just don't expect to have good conversation above the din!

• Visited April 2014
Calgary, Canada
“Consistent food at reasonable prices”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

We've eaten at Joey's Crowfoot for years. We find the food to be consistent and reasonably priced. You know what to expect and get it. In the summer there is a large patio with comfortable seating. Joey's can be crowded at times and there can be a wait, but usually it is worth it.

• Visited January 2014

Been to JOEY Crowfoot? Share your experiences!