“Hit n miss”

Ranked #296 of 3,682 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Canadian, Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Neighborhood: Northwest Calgary
Description: Private dining area, nice comfy welcoming dining room and a lounge fit for, well, lounging. Lots of parking too.
Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

This use to be me and my husbands restaurant . This was our date night every other week or more and he worked out of town and the food. We stopped coming because he always got the steak with peppercorn and I would get the salmon. It was great for a while then started sucking . Food would come cold or kitchen would forget my veggies just reoccurring issues we no longer trusted them with our meals. They would screw up something. We know go to the joeys in chinook. Amazing food and consistency.

Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

If you go on the weekend you'll probably be waiting quite awhile but it's worth it. The cocktails are amazing, the food is delicious and the staff is attentive. Their Pan Fried Gyoza, Hot Wings and Sushi Cones are particular favorites of mine.

1  Thank Drdarkknight
Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

I've only been to this restaurant twice but both times have been amazing. The staff is incredibly friendly and the service has been great. We never had to call a server over for anything like at most restaurants, they're very on the ball! The menu doesn't have a lot of options for vegetarian but their edamame and salads are fantastic. Definitely a great, welcoming atmosphere and one of my new favorites.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

This was the best NYE meal experience we've had in the 13 years we've been coming to Calgary . We were treated with friendly, excellent service from the moment we stepped in the door: welcomed, lounge drink service, dinner and drinks , to wishes for Happy New Year at departure. We were served on a timely basis but not rushed. This staff offer the best in every service area and were a memorable part of our New Year celebration.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

We used to frequent Joey's several times per month -- maybe two years ago. Since then we really haven't been back much. Three weeks ago we decided to try them for lunch on a Saturday. The drink service in the lounge was good -- but the food was served cold and lukewarm.

This past weekend we found ourselves back for lunch on Saturday. We thought that just maybe our experience 3 weeks ago was not the norm. We were wrong! This time the food took over 45 minutes to arrive --- for an appetizer and a burger? One of the managers apologized after about 25 minutes -- but it still took another 20 minutes before the food came. When our food did arrive the appy was cold (even though I called out the fact that it needed to arrive warm); and the burger was 'okay'.

Based on these 2 experiences within 3 weeks of each other -- it appears cold food and slow service are now the norm. Even though we had a good experience with the waitresses both times -- we will not be back -- as the quality of the food is very hit and miss. And -- it doesn't appear that the restaurant is taking any steps to improve the issues in the kitchen.

While the manager did take care of the bill this time -- I would rather visit a restaurant where I know that I will get a good meal.