“Fun Dinner!”

Neighborhood: Beltline
Calgary, Canada
“Fun Dinner!”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

This place has it all! Very fun dinner and show, Amazing food, and nice atmosphere. Only negative comment is that there are set times and so they sometimes rush you out at the end to make way for the next round of guests. But the meal comes with a lot, it's fun, and I go every year with my boyfriend for our anniversary!

(oh! be cautious in admitting it's your b-day or anniversary unless you are willing to be part of the show! haha but it's fun)

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Leah K

Edmonton, Canada
“If you're looking for Edo Japan food.”
Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

Actually I would rather eat at Edo instead as this place made everything too salty. I liked the presentation but the food was nothing special, too salty. I ended up pouring tea over my whole dish, draining it into a separate bowl, to reduce the salt.
We were rushed to order before even getting a menu. And when we were given the menu, we got 30 seconds to order. I understood they were in a rush but if this was fast food, I would have gone to a food court.
Atmosphere: a little too dim for lunch. Heads up, they are cooking in front of you so yes you will smell like food coming out.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Cyndi P
Calgary
“Entertaining evening with great food and a fun family atmosphere!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Chefs are entertaining, food is tasty and great value - nice evening out! We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank CalgarySue
Whitehorse, Canada
“I've had better”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

There was nothing extraordinary about this place. The chef was so quiet only he got his own jokes. The steak was good but that's about it really. I asked for another rice and they wanted to charge which is the first for these type restaurants. It's costly for something not that great. They rush you in, have their sequence of order and rush you out. Too bad. I'll go somewhere else I think.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank MsSchmengie
Calgary
“Absolutely Arrogant!”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I've eaten at Japanese Village several times in the past and put up with the stale old jokes because quite frankly, the food is good - overpriced but good. And I understand that it is a busy place so we've always made reservations, but now if you make a reservation for a Saturday evening dinner, YOU have to call them by 1pm of that Saturday to confirm you're coming, otherwise they give your table away. What happened to making a reservation and the restaurant actually being thankful that you've decided to give them your business? Other restaurants in town will call you the day of to confirm you're coming because, well, that's good business. Japanese Village would rather be arrogant than ensure that their customers are happy...I hope others join me in boycotting the restaurant until they "see the light", or even change their jokes once in a while.

Visited March 2013