“If you're looking for Edo Japan food.”

Japanese Village Steak House
Ranked #481 of 3,537 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Japanese, Asian, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Beltline
Edmonton, Canada
“If you're looking for Edo Japan food.”
Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

Actually I would rather eat at Edo instead as this place made everything too salty. I liked the presentation but the food was nothing special, too salty. I ended up pouring tea over my whole dish, draining it into a separate bowl, to reduce the salt.
We were rushed to order before even getting a menu. And when we were given the menu, we got 30 seconds to order. I understood they were in a rush but if this was fast food, I would have gone to a food court.
Atmosphere: a little too dim for lunch. Heads up, they are cooking in front of you so yes you will smell like food coming out.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Cyndi P

Calgary
“Entertaining evening with great food and a fun family atmosphere!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Chefs are entertaining, food is tasty and great value - nice evening out! We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank CalgarySue
Whitehorse, Canada
“I've had better”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

There was nothing extraordinary about this place. The chef was so quiet only he got his own jokes. The steak was good but that's about it really. I asked for another rice and they wanted to charge which is the first for these type restaurants. It's costly for something not that great. They rush you in, have their sequence of order and rush you out. Too bad. I'll go somewhere else I think.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank MsSchmengie
Calgary
“Absolutely Arrogant!”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I've eaten at Japanese Village several times in the past and put up with the stale old jokes because quite frankly, the food is good - overpriced but good. And I understand that it is a busy place so we've always made reservations, but now if you make a reservation for a Saturday evening dinner, YOU have to call them by 1pm of that Saturday to confirm you're coming, otherwise they give your table away. What happened to making a reservation and the restaurant actually being thankful that you've decided to give them your business? Other restaurants in town will call you the day of to confirm you're coming because, well, that's good business. Japanese Village would rather be arrogant than ensure that their customers are happy...I hope others join me in boycotting the restaurant until they "see the light", or even change their jokes once in a while.

Visited March 2013
4 Thank familytraveller333
kelowna b.c.
“a wonderful dining experience”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We recently went to the Japanese Village for my husbands birthday and was not dissapointed once again. It is such a wonderful dining experience. Everyone sits around the table as the cooking chef takes your orders and cooks your food to perfection on the griddle in front of everyone. The chefs are very talented and put on a show with an entertaining demonstration of juggling all the cooking utensils. and then cook your food which is so delicious..We definately look forward to our next visit and highly recommend this restaurant you will not be dissapointed..

• Visited March 2013