“Nice Irish pub” 4 of 5 bubbles

James Joyce Irish Pub
Ranked #12 of 3,490 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, European, Pub, Canadian, British
Good for: Bar scene, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Downtown
Toronto, Canada
“Nice Irish pub”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2014

My friends and I went here for a taste and reminder of when we all lived in Ireland. It was a nice place with wooden interiors that definitely set the scene. We sat out on the nice sunny patio for a few pints before eating. Sadly my first two choices from the menu were sold out for the day, but my third option was still there and deliscious. They were missing a lot of what I would call typical Irish menu items. It was very much a Canadian menu with some Irish flare. We enjoyed our time there though.

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Calgary
“Mediocre Irish pub”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2014

Completely indifferent towards this place. My first experience with this establishment was when I went here to apply for a job and I was told to come back after the lunch rush -- it was barely 1130am and there was absolutely no one in the restaurant. I revisited the place again the other day and it was mediocre. I was in a group of 8 and the place wasn't even busy and somehow took nearly ~20 minutes to get our first drink. The server was excruciatingly slow and didn't pay much attention to us. I had to manually sign my credit card slip and I totally added it up wrong (I don't feel like the server deserved a $5, she got $3 instead), called the restaurant to clear that up with the managers. When I asked to speak to the manager on duty, the hostess just gave me this rude tone and said to call back in two hours and hung up. Not entirely sure if I'll revisit this establishment in the near future.

• Visited May 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Toronto
“Excellent pub fare!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2014

We had lunch here on the July 1st holiday. Three fish and chips and one steak and mushroom pie were devoured in minutes! Great beers on tap and delicious cocktails. A definite must while visiting downtown Calgary.

Visited July 2014
Mercersburg, PA
“A fine Irish meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2014 via mobile

This restaurant was a very pleasant surprise. It was awkward getting seated - something simple seemed life an adventure. From there on, the service was great and the food was very good. We had traditional Irish fare and they have a wide selection of beers on tap. We'd go there again any time.

Visited August 2014
Toronto, Canada
“Excellent carvery”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2014

We attended an event at this pub. They put on a great authentic Irish carvery complete with roasted ham. The staff are wonderful and looked after everyone very well.

• Visited August 2014