“Raunchy, classless” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jack Astor's Bar & Grill

Jack Astor's Bar & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Jack Astor's Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #314 of 3,490 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: American, Bar, Canadian, Grill
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Haysboro
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Raunchy, classless”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

We used to come to Jack Astor's, however, following last week's experience, I don't think that will be the case anymore.

I went with my husband and 9 month old for lunch. The place was fairly quiet, so we were seated quickly. While waiting for our meals however, two waitresses were talking (quite crudely) about a table down from us while cleaning, loudly swearing profanities, and generally talking like trailer trash.

A while later, while we were eating, the people at the table next to us left. The waitress came to clean the table, and during this time bent right over in front of my husband (yes, in her extremely short skirt). Needless to say, we all saw everything. When we left, we laughed and laughed. I was speechless.

IF we had decided to go to the maid for lunch, that is the type of service and behaviour that we would expect. But not at a restaurant that makes themselves out to be family friendly. This was an absolutely raunchy, tasteless, classless experience.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Gremlin2012

Coaldale,AB
“First Timer, Loved It!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

My friends toook me here since they are big fans. One of them suggested the Appetizer Spring Rolls which I got as my meal along with a side of Sweet Potato Fries. I would definitely have both again next time, so good! I loved the spicy dipping sauce that came with the fries. There were four of us dining and our food came super quick. I indulged in a Raspberry Iceberg Drink that was delicious!!! Great place to dine and watch the game with all the big screen tv's all over the place!! I'll be back!!

• Visited April 2013
Calgary
“Good Food, Good Service & Reasonable Prices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

We really enjoyed our Dinner at Jack's. Junk Boat Chicken and Shrimp Jack & Cheese were both very tasty and our server was excellent she couldn't do enough for us. The music is a little loud at times so it's hard to carry on a conversation, great if you don't want to listen to anyone and just watch the game. For some reason this BAR & Grill has turned into a family place to eat so it's hard to get a seat away from loud and cranky toddlers that they even seat in the BAR section.
Oh well get in early and out before the 17:30 crowd.

• Visited March 2013
Calgary
“Delicious food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

We went there the other night as we had a $10 off a $30.00 food order. I upsized my red wine which was well worth it. I ordered the blackened salmon and really enjoyed my entree. My husband had the chicken parmesson which he enjoyed. Note his chcken was deep fried so not for those who are watching their weight. The service was good and it was a busy night. will definately go back there again.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank 181Linda
Calgary Canada
“Great spot for Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

I have stopped here now a few times as it is a central spot in the south to meet up with friends. Lunch in December 2012 was very good. I ordered a Steak sandwich with Sweet Potato fries. The steak sandwich was delectable, and came as ordered, medium rare. I probably should have ordered something healthier than sweet potato fries, since there was a lot of them and they are not exactly light. There are numerous sides to choose from, fortunately. My colleagues ordered a Chicken Club platter and a pasta carbonara, both looked really good and I was told they were excellent. Price is comparable to Boston Pizza or similar types of places. Highly recommend.

Visited December 2012