“The food was edible but not to my liking.”
Review of Forbidden City

Forbidden City
Ranked #639 of 3,547 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Alberta, Canada
“The food was edible but not to my liking.”
Reviewed August 17, 2011

If you don't like seafood and very ethic dishes this is not for you. I suspect that the food is very traditional so it was not what my westernized tastes was expecting.

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank I_Roam_AB

“If I had known they served ichiban noodles in their soup, I would've just stayed home and made it myself!”
Reviewed May 4, 2011

Service is always slow and poor, foyer area smells musky, and food ... I ordered seafood noodle soup and got ichiban noodles (yes, it came squared shape in the bowl like how you make the 59 cent noodles on the packages) a couple shrimp, a couple scallops, a couple squid and a couple bits of bok Choy for almost 10 bucks ... A rip off! Food is very average ... Much better restaurants out there ... This isn't one of them

2 Thank Bree1029
Calgary, Canada
“Very good dim sum, large selection. Long lineups in the weekend.”
Reviewed April 2, 2010

Very good dim sum, large selection. Long lineups in the weekend.

Calgary
“Best Dim Sum in Calgary”
Reviewed August 12, 2009

After 20 or 30 visits to Forbidden City I will say it has the most consistently good Dim Sum of 8 different DIm Sum restaurnts I regularly visit in Calgary.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Pretty good dim sum. I...”
Reviewed June 6, 2008

Pretty good dim sum. I like being able to order on an order card.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook