“Great Neighborhood Italian”

Neighborhood: Mont royal
Western North Carolina
“Great Neighborhood Italian”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Fiore's has apparently changed it's name to Fiore's Modern Italian Restaurant (although the old name is still on the awnings). We found the food great, well cooked and tasty. The veggies had just a bit of crunch (the way I like them), and the pasta was cooked just right. I had salmon that seemed fresh and was certainly tasty. (Calgary is a long way from the ocean and really fresh is a challenge.)

Fiore's is located on trendy Uptown 17th Ave and may pale a tad in comparison with some of the really high end spots elsewhere on 17th, but if you're looking for a neighborhood spot (bring the kids, etc) this is your place. Even if not, the food was really good.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank FrenchBroadCabin

“Enjoyable”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We've been to Fiore Cantina on 17th twice this month. On both visits we were pleased with the service, the staff were friendly, knowledgable and quick. The food is fresh, hot very tasty and the portions are just right. The room is what you would expect from a independent or non chain restaurant, feels Italian.

We enjoy this restaurant and the location is great to fill up and go for an walk on 17th.
The only negative would be, as all business on 17th, parking can be a challenge, be patient and something will open up.

This is on our restaurant trap line, try it out.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank djgood
Alberta
“Summer Shopping & Lunch”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We enjoyed a late lunch after shopping on 17th Avenue at Fiore Cantina Italiana today. We initially went to sit out on the patio but the rain scared is inside shortly after. The waiters were both great. The restaurant was nearly empty as it was about 2:30 pm and well past the lunch hour rush. The back page of the menu contains their pasta dishes and all of them were on for $9.99 today. All three of us had the Spinach Fettucini with Pollo and the chef was accommodating as we wanted to remove the mushrooms on one dish, add rose' sauce instead of Alfredo for the other two and the orders all came out perfect and steaming (literally!) hot! The portions weren't overly huge (and I see that as a good thing) and my two daughters loved the flavour. I myself found the pasta to be slightly overcooked and the sauce wasn't as flavourful as I have had at competitor's restaurants in the past, but it was okay. (experienced palate... hahaha!) I would definitely come again. We almost went to Bon Giornos but their prices for lunch scared us away quickly!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank lizzzys
“Fresh and filling !!”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

The food was fresh , filling and very reasonably priced. I will definitely be going back . They even had gluten free pasta which really impressed me !!! We had a table of 16 and all the food came out together and the right temperature ..... FABULOUS ..

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank cocowarnes
Calgary, Canada
“Average Italian Food on 17th Ave.”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

In terms of quality of food and decor, I would put this restaurant on par with big chains like Earl's or Moxie's. Service was surprisingly quick. I was there Friday night, and it was busy enough to generate a nice atmosphere, but not so busy that it was annoying. Casual atmosphere. Food isn't anything special however.

• Visited April 2013