“Filos @ Calgary July 2014”
Review of Filos Restaurant

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed August 10, 2014

Our friends suggested this restaurant for Pizza Night and we were not disappointed at all. Service was great. The pizzas were incredible and the price on pizza night was only $12 per "large" pizza. we ordered four, as their larges were like Mediums, however we did not finish all of them. Have to recommend Filos Special and Mardi Gras and Greek....YUMMMMY!! Well worth the effort. Its a pub type of atmosphere with a bit of slots thrown in. I don't believe kids are allowed. Do it!

Reviewed April 28, 2014

After renovating this restaurent we went back again. We always liked it & were definitly not disappointed. My wife tried there lasagna & was defintly not disappointed. I had the ribs which fell offthe bone & was delicious. Service was not rushed but very efficient.

1  Thank gerrycantow
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Has really gone downhill since the renovation. Have been a loyal customer for years and years, spent a lot of money and been there for many celebrations with friends and family. Since the renovations, the restaurant has over charged for mediocre food, gotten rid of the good stuff that used to draw us in, and the service has just bombed since. Tonight, my steak was cold, my drink order was wrong even after several attempts, was ignored most of the night ect... When I pulled one of the managers to complain, he was dismissive and just left with my plate without apologizing or attempting to rectify the situation. Ended up flagging the other manager, who was much more sympathetic and eager to remedy the situation. When he handed the bill back to the server to let us pay and leave, she proceeded to ignore us for another 20 minutes and refused to deal with us and when I tried to flag her down, she went and made the manager deal with it. I just wanted to pay and leave. Mostly. I am sad to see my favorite hang out spot turn into such a poor restaurant. Will probably never go back.

Reviewed November 28, 2013

Filos has been in the Deer Valley Shopping Centre for over thirty years. Fairly recently they moved into new premises within Deer Valley. Along with two friends we decided to have lunch at their new location. We tried a couple of the speciality pizzas, both of which were very good. The service however was not very good. Our waitress also doubled as the bartender. Our table was out of her sight. Although there was another waitress, she paid no attention to us as we were not at one of her tables. Neither of them checked to see if we wanted anything else or to refil our drinks. Nevertheless, the pizza was good, and other food that customers ordered looked good as well. The new location is fairly plain, but is much nicer than the old restaurant. I would go back, but keep in mind that the service may need some attention.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Love the new location, upgrades, menu, staff, specials. Especially go on Wednesday and try the fried pickle, premium beers at $5 - great fun at a neighbourhood pub.

3  Thank scampsall