“Waiting staff made the difference”

Earls Calgary Westhills
Reserve with OpenTable
Earls Calgary Westhills is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #679 of 3,711 Restaurants in Calgary
Neighborhood: Southwest Calgary
Neighborhood: Southwest Calgary
Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

If your in Calgary and enjoy ribs then check out Earls for a ribs feast. Visiting the city for the 8th occasion and always try to fit in a visit to Earls. What made this visit different was quality of service. Earls normally are on the ball with customer service but our waiter( Reece) made the visit for us. Genuinely attentive staff member with excellent manners and outgoing personality and a credit to the restaurant. Other restaurants would do well to hire this guy to set a benchmark for others....Oh and the ribs were up to the usual excellent standard.

1  Thank Zulu-company

Reviewed June 2, 2012

Went to Earls at Westhill on June 1, 2012. We ordered entrees only. When burgers came, my fries were cold and the bigger better burger was a bigger BAD burger at $16.00. The bun was soggy, soaked in grease and the layering of the condiments produced a burger that fell apart when trying to hold. I complained and Earls took it off the bill, but the damage was done. By the way the food was served, I saw no pride of service or quality control. Lots of Earls in town. Most are hit and miss. This place was a big miss. Next time I want a burger I'll go to Macdonalds. At least there my burger will be made to order, the bun will be fresh and the fries hot.

1  Thank Steve D
Reviewed May 18, 2012

Our first impression of the Westhills Earls was not good. The hostess sat us right behind her and the noisy entrance, when there were plenty of empty tables further away from the breezy front entrance. My friend asked to be moved so they accommodated. Every item on the menu is over priced, $15 - $30 for entrees. Our food was good, our friends really enjoyed theirs. My husband had a rib combo and he said they were really good. I had the Bronx Burger and it was very good as well. My husband ordered the Milk Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup for dessert at a whopping $8. To say it was disappointing is an understatement. It was a small amount of chocolate pudding with a dollop of peanut butter something and a couple of pieces of sponge toffee on top. The pudding was absolutely awful, tasting no better than what you would get in a hospital cafeteria! That along with the high priced menu was enough for us to remove Earls in general, from our list of places to spend our hard-earned money!

1  Thank bgsmiley
Reviewed August 25, 2011

I find Earl's to be very noisy making it hard to have a conversation. The food is really good, I think they make the best baby back ribs around (forget Tony Romas). However, the down side is the cost ; even for something like a big salad with a few shrimp and candied pecans $18 - really? Every time we go here (we generally go if we have gotten gift cards) we are amazed at how many people with kids are here - how can they afford it?

1  Thank 1,508
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed November 15, 2009

beef barley soup was good

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook