“Good Food.”
Review of Earls Bankers Hall

Earls Bankers Hall
Reserve with OpenTable
Earls Bankers Hall is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #269 of 3,757 Restaurants in Calgary
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Northwest Calgary
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Went to the Earl's downtown on Stephen Avenue Mall. Seems like they hire to please a mostly male clientelle but the food is still good. I had a salad with dates, chicken and a peanut/lime dressing. Delicious and would certainly order it again. Another time we just went and had drinks before a Flames game and the service was fine.

1  Thank Errbear

Reviewed February 8, 2013

I usually have a good experience at any of the several Earl's locations I visit while on business. I agree with some reviewers that their hiring practices sometimes means you get less than stellar service but I rarely have problems. Except for my visit to the Bankers Hall location that is.

Maybe it's me but if I'm dropping $26 on a 9 ounce sirloin steak with mashed potatoes I expect the steak to be cooked properly. The first was under-done, the second was even less done. Quite a while after ordering my steak I finally received a properly cooked steak on the third try. There were a few apologies but no offers of an appetizer or something to much on while I waited. The real surprise was when I received my check for the full price of the steak and everything else I ordered.

I realize in this day and age that comped meals are becoming less common but 3 tries to cook a steak? No offer of a free dessert or to even buy my soft drink after waiting quite a while to eat.

I have submitted some comments to their website and did receive a reply fairly quickly. If they do end up trying to make this right then I will add a better review. Right now though I would suggest the Metropolitan just across the way.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Wasn't that impressed when we came for dinner. The service was extremely slow and it wasn't even busy, the quality of the food definitely didn't match the prices

Reviewed January 24, 2013

The resturant was a nice surprise inside. The bar area was well laid out with plenty of room for the large groups they get on the weekends. Their AlbinoRhino beers were very good. The amber seaonal ale was excellent. The steak was perfectly prepared and reasonably priced. The wait staff was the best of this business trip. Professional and friendly without being pushy. This was my first stop at this chain and I will be coming back when I return to Calgary.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Earl's is a great place to eat. Prices are about what you would expect from a restaurant in Calgary, and the food is expertly cooked. Whatever you eat, I highly (HIGHLY!) recommend the warm potato salad. It could easily be the most delicious thing i've ever eaten. Paired with the chicken/rib or steak dinners and you'll go home full - though you will wish you had some warm potato salad to take home with you and share with all your friends, it's that good. :)