“Delicious!”

Divino Wine & Cheese Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Divino Wine & Cheese Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 3,552 Restaurants in Calgary
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Centre Street
Transit: LRT Station is 1 block away - behind the Hyatt Hotel on 7th Avenue S.W.
Red Deer, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious!”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

A wonderful meal on Stephen Ave. Close to lots of hotels we walked from the Palliser. Amazing cheese menu we tried 3 and they were all fabulous. Shared the cobb salad and pomme frites. They split the salad for us at a charge of $2.50 and gave extra so we each had a lot to eat. It was all absolutely wonderful we will go back for sure!

Visited March 2013

Cochrane, Canada
“Wonderful, even fantastic food but...”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

We have been to Divino countless times over the years. Why do we return? Pomme frites, wonderful entrees, great cheese selection and fantastic wine list. Restaurant is always busy, but service is generally efficient, prompt and courteous. One major concern: we often order the fries to share, then an entrée for me but my wife, of smaller appetite, prefers something lighter, like a soup or a salad. Always the server will say somewhat with an attitude, "Is that all you want?" Yes, it is and no one should have to apologize for ordering what they can eat. Noticed we ordered similarly in London, San Francisco, Honolulu and even PARIS and were never made to feel it was a problem to order something smaller as an entrée. We really like Divino but have come to expect the attitude we will encounter if we do not do "the drill". This weekend we are heading to another restaurant on Stephen Ave walk to see what the service will be like if we order lightly.

• Visited March 2013
Calgary, Canada
“My favourite Restaurant in Calgary.”
Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

Frequent Divino's often. Great wine list, great service, great food. I would highly recommend it for pre-concert or theater dinners. The staff is like family with Brad, Brian, Brett, and Elliot to name a few.

1 Thank DebDaveS
Calgary
“We'll be back!”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Loved our Valentine's Dinner celebration at Divino's. The service was perfect. Our meal was better than any in my recent memory. We share the Lyonnaise salad. (My husband was a bit miffed that they charged $2.50 to split it but they gave each of us an egg so it seemed reasonable to me.) I love the fact that I have a wide choice of wines by the glass since my hubby prefers beer. I had the striped bass. When I saw the clams with it I was disappointed because I don't care for clams. (Somehow I didn't notice them mentioned on the menu.) But when I tasted them I was delighted--I loved them. The veggies served with were also to die for. The special Valentine's dessert was to die for. We shared it but poor hubby had trouble getting near it. The portions are not overly large so 3 courses did not leave me feeling too full just completely satisfied!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Nancy P
Calgary, Canada
“Nice place for a glass of wine and a snack”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We've been in Divino a few times and always enjoyed it. The wine selection is nice, the food has always been good, and the open atmosphere of the restaurant is comfortable. We particularly like sitting on their patio in the summer and enjoying some wine and a snack.

• Visited September 2012