“My favourite Restaurant in Calgary.”

Divino Wine & Cheese Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Divino Wine & Cheese Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 3,537 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Wine Bar, European, Canadian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Centre Street
Transit: LRT Station is 1 block away - behind the Hyatt Hotel on 7th Avenue S.W.
Calgary, Canada
“My favourite Restaurant in Calgary.”
Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

Frequent Divino's often. Great wine list, great service, great food. I would highly recommend it for pre-concert or theater dinners. The staff is like family with Brad, Brian, Brett, and Elliot to name a few.

1 Thank DebDaveS

Calgary
“We'll be back!”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Loved our Valentine's Dinner celebration at Divino's. The service was perfect. Our meal was better than any in my recent memory. We share the Lyonnaise salad. (My husband was a bit miffed that they charged $2.50 to split it but they gave each of us an egg so it seemed reasonable to me.) I love the fact that I have a wide choice of wines by the glass since my hubby prefers beer. I had the striped bass. When I saw the clams with it I was disappointed because I don't care for clams. (Somehow I didn't notice them mentioned on the menu.) But when I tasted them I was delighted--I loved them. The veggies served with were also to die for. The special Valentine's dessert was to die for. We shared it but poor hubby had trouble getting near it. The portions are not overly large so 3 courses did not leave me feeling too full just completely satisfied!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Nancy P
Calgary, Canada
“Nice place for a glass of wine and a snack”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We've been in Divino a few times and always enjoyed it. The wine selection is nice, the food has always been good, and the open atmosphere of the restaurant is comfortable. We particularly like sitting on their patio in the summer and enjoying some wine and a snack.

• Visited September 2012
United Kingdom
“Lively restaurant with good service”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Whenever we have visited Calgary in the past we have made the effort to go to Divino's and have generally found the service to be good and the food tasty.

On this occasion, we started with scallops, which were delicious and superbly cooked. We chose the AAA Alberta beef for our main course and a well priced French red wine to accompany the meal. We were expecting the beef to be as delicious as usual, but whilst I enjoyed mine, unfortunately my partner was disappointed and found the beef to be full of gristle and somewhat tasteless. He didn't make any comment at the time, but when she came to clear the plates our server noticed that the meal was unfinished and asked if there was a problem. She apologised for the disappointment and returned a short while later to say that the manager had offered a 50% discount on the main course. This was appreciated, but of course, we would have preferred to have both enjoyed the meal.

We would still recommend Divino's, but with so many restaurants to try and a limited time in Calgary, next time it probably won't be on the top of our list.

• Visited January 2013
Denver
“Brilliant cosy evening”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I was taken to Divino for my only night in Calgary and what a good choice it was! The service was informed, friendly and helpful. We started with beer and a cocktail - both being very happy with our choices. We decided to start with cheese and olives and the suggestions exactly suiting our taste. Mains were delicious: Lamb for him and Lobster for her. The accompanying wine - 2007 Paloma Merlot - was absolutely delicious. The night at Divino was first-rate and comparable with other global wine and cheese bistro's. I will recommend this to anyone in Calgary - and would be a reason to return too!!

• Visited December 2012