“Best eggs benedict anywhere”
Review of Diner Deluxe

Diner Deluxe
Ranked #48 of 3,770 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Diner
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Neighborhood: Northeast Calgary
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Three of us for late brunch on Sunday waited for 45 minutes but it was worth the time. The food was excellent and my eggs benedict with Canadian bacon was absolutely the best I have ever experienced. The service was great and since we were very patient waiting the host treated us to salty caramel brownies to share as a reward. Thank you Diner Deluxe for a wonderful meal!

Reviewed October 24, 2013

I used to go to Diner Deluxe all the time, and it used to be utterly delicious and worth the wait. I'm not sure if it's changed hands or management in the last few years, but it isn't what it used to be. I recently went for lunch and was very disappointed with both the food and the service. We were pretty much the only people in the restaurant when we got there, so our troubles were not because it was busy. Three tables of people who arrived after us got their food before we had received ours, and when I asked our waitress about it she gave me attitude and walked away. Someone else (a manager, perhaps) came out a minute later to tell us that there had been a mistake and our order had never been placed with the kitchen. The waitress with attitude never apologized, and we weren't given any discount for having to wait over an hour for a couple of burgers. When we finally got our food it was pretty boring - nothing like the Diner Deluxe I remembered, and definitely not worth the wait.

I won't be back to Diner Deluxe. I'll stick with Blue Star Diner (down the hill in Bridgeland) from now on. It's always delicious and the service there is great.

1  Thank evfrgsn
Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

We wanted to eat at OEB for breakfast but the line was out the door, we walked 50m to Diner Deluxe and got straight in for one of the best breakfasts I've had anywhere in the world! It more than hit the spot, it was awesome!!!! I had the pulled pork hash and the others had the special omelette and none of us left disappointed that we didn't get OEB!

Reviewed October 15, 2013

I've been here 4 or 5 times in the last 2 years and each time I am in awe of the taste and quality as well as the selection of the food. It is a retro diner and any time I've gone there I've had to wait to get in but we'll worth it. Being a small place with tight seating it can be noisy but but again - well worth it! I have tried a different meal each visit here and it's always above my expectations. The food is healthy, wholesome and like homemade.

Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

What an awsome and unique breakfast. Food was awesome, coffee was disgusting, and service was great. We had a super sweet waitress and the food was fast. I will recommend this place to everyone!