“Awesome experience with China Rose restaurant”

China Rose Restaurant & Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
China Rose Restaurant & Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,306 of 3,537 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Northeast Calgary
Transit: 5 - 10 minute walk from the Franklin Mall C-Train Station.
New Delhi, India
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome experience with China Rose restaurant”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Went out for dinner to China Rose for the first time last week and I was amazed to discover this awesome family restaurant. As I don’t eat lots of spicy food I chose Szechuan dishes and was really pleased as they were delicious without burning my tongue. Along with mouth-watering food and good environment, even the staff gave us a great service. Thanks to China Rose for the lovely time I had with my family! Will surely come back to the restaurant soon.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank nehaaggarwal

“Avoid at all cost”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We ordered takeout and delivery. It took over an hour to receive our order (and we only live 3 blocks from the restaurant). It was ice cold and tasted like it had sat on the buffet all day....... "GROSS". I called them to complain and all we got was "Oh well, our delivery is from another company and there is nothing we can do" There was no sorry we will try to improve or nothing. I will be telling everyone to stay far away from this restaurant that is for sure.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Shelly G
Calgary, Canada
“Excellent Chinese in Calgary”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

First impressions, this place was clean and well kept. I went for the lunch buffet with a friend that has been here many times and swears by the food. I absolutely loved it. According to other reviews, there is a lack of selection. I don't know if it was because I went the day before Chinese New Year, but there was definitely A LOT to choose from. The lunch buffet was 12.99 per person, which is not bad at all for a Chinese buffet.

My plate alone consisted of the following: ginger beef, palace style chicken, mixed vegetables, chow mein noodles, sweet and sour pork, pork dumplings, fried rice, mushrooms in black bean sauce, shrimp in black bean sauce, chicken wings and a bowl of hot and sour soup. Besides all of those items, there were about 5 to 7 items that I did not try. That seemed like quite a selection to me, what a fantastic lunch. If I really had to nitpick at something, I would say the ginger beef was a little crispy, but I was still able to chew it.

The hot and sour soup was quite good, but it had some bite to it. I didn't expect it at first, but it was a nice surprise. It was spicier than any hot and sour soups that I have had before, so I suggest having that soup if you like spicy stuff or if you have a cold and want to open up your sinuses.

The service was frequent and friendly. It started getting a little busier sometime into our lunch, but we didn't feel like we were being rushed at all. The restaurant is very roomy, so there was no problem manoeuvring your way around the tables, or to and from the buffet. There is also an upstairs area and the place has high ceilings, so it feels like you're in one of the nicer Chinese restaurants, but without the pricey food.

I will definitely visit this place again. Most likely for the buffet.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank Nikita-Cowtown
“Awful service”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I had my party here and service was terrible. Servers wont do anything unless you ask them too or didnt even serve the guest, they dont even help us to move some stuff. They rarely help us decorate, and they rather serve the small party or walk in rather the big party . FYI, it was a big party, there was a hundred people and I rented also one of the rooms and I paid for it for the whole day but they were kicking us out or keep asking to pack up our thing coz apparently walk ins/ maybe party is coming. The girl night manager is rude and even raised her voice when we were asking why walk in going to buffet first. They dont have patience. One thing for sure, im not coming back here again. I dont recommend to throw your big party here.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank rea a
Calgary, Canada
“In a semi industrial location.”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

The restaurant itself, the food and service is ok, which is to say there is nothing special about it but the location makes me think of work, and that takes away from being able to enjoy my meals fully. If that doesn't bother you, than more power to you. Go for it. It's close to the LRT station.

1 Thank Jim L