“Just An Average Experience”
Review of Chicago Chophouse - CLOSED

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: 5th street
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Whenever we go to the Chicago Chophouse it never is full so at least we get good service, however the last time we were there was midwinter and it was freezing inside the building. I had found myself looking for a sweater, or jacket or anything to put on.

I do find the food to be quite satisfying but for the price I always expect a bit more in terms of ambience in the restaurant, it seems to be lacking compared to other comparable restaurants in the downtown core. There are a lot of options in Calgary for fantastic steak houses but I would not suggest the Chicago Chophouse is one of the top 10.

2  Thank Kirk_and_Jo-Anne

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Service was courteous and the food excellent! Alcohol was described and able to be ordered on a tableside iPad. The prime rib dinner for $38 with mashed potatoes and a yorkshire pudding was the hit of our night. Expensive but worth the experience!

Reviewed August 2, 2012

My WIfe needs a gluten free diet and told our waiter about this when we arrived and explained what this meant and he assured us not a problem. When our steaks came out a battered onion ring was on top of 3 of the 4 steaks this included hers! Our waiter just moved the onion ring to the other steak. Way overpriced for mediocre steaks at best (i grow beef and know a good steak)

3  Thank Morgan L
Reviewed July 10, 2012

After multiple below average experiences I tried Chicago Chophouse again last night with 3 colleagues. The entire experience was terrible. Bad food, bad service and very expensive. Calgary has way better to offer than this place. Shame on you chophouse.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

High end price for decent quality meals. More about showing off than a good investment in a meal.