“Cheap and delicious pasta”
Review of Chianti Cafe

Chianti Cafe
Ranked #331 of 3,573 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Southeast Calgary
Calgary
“Cheap and delicious pasta”
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Willow Park Chianti's is my favourite place for pasta. The Sunday-Tuesday $7.99 pasta is a fantastic deal, and even on normal days the prices are very reasonable. I always have trouble choosing because there are so many fantastic dishes. The free bread is also quite nice. It can get very crowded on some days of the year like Valentine's Day because the location is quite small, but that would be my only complaint. Love it!

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank Lex P

“Long standing value”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

I like a quiet, uncrowded dining experience so I don't visit the restaurant on a Tuesday. Their Pasta Tuesdays are a huge success and have been for years. Very busy and very crowded on Tuesdays. Regardless of which day, the food and the service are good.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank AB_Travel
Calgary, Canada
“Always good value on Sunday night”
Reviewed May 6, 2012

We pick up their pasta special on an every-other month basis on a Sunday night. Price is right. We order ahead, pick it up 15 minutes later, and we're set for a great feed. Also eat in - slightly noisy for us, and very busy, but service is timely. Food tastes great. Service size appropriate and options for two small children also...a favourite of ours for variety, price and service timeliness.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank DorashCalgary
Western Canada
“Good food with average service”
Reviewed April 7, 2012

Couldn't get in anywhere else on a Sat. night for 7 of us. We worked our way down Macleod Tr. until we hit Willow Park and we found Chianti's wasn't busy ?? Food was good, hot and fast. Price was good. Waiter was kind of cold and not much personality. Atmosphere looked a little worn and it was noisy. I would go again if I was in the area.

1 Thank P&ZH
Calgary, Canada
“New Years Eve pick for 9 of us!”
Reviewed January 13, 2012

A group of 9 of us went to Chianti's on Macleod for New Years Eve dinner. I always read up on reviews before I go anywhere new to me and with only 61% of people liking this place I was not sure what to expect. Reservations were for 7:30pm and it was busy! Packed for the holiday! It was a bit noisy and a little cramped but the service throughout the night made up for it! I ordered a couple of vodka/tonics over dinner and they were fizzy and the lime was so fresh. There was a special menu for New Years and I ordered a seafood pasta dish that came with a caesar salad and dessert - all for $28! The salad was simple but the dressing perfectly coated the lettuce and it was so sinfully garlic-y! The waitress had her hands full but had time for each of us and with no problem at all subbed a couple of things for me on the pasta dish. It was delicious! The seafood was plentiful and the fettuccine pasta was fresh! Bonus! The sauce tied everything together perfectly and the portion size was huge! Everyone else loved their meals as well. They ran out of the apple caramel cheesecake for dessert and this was a disappointment for 6 out of 9 at our table. There were a couple of other options - I chose the apple caramel pie and was more than happy to eat the ice cream that came with it and brought the pie home. My fiance's fave dessert of all time is tiramisu and although he is not overly picky, he stated that it did not taste like the real thing and would not order this item again.
I was very happy to bring half my pasta home as leftovers. SO happy with the evening overall. I am a huge fan of Italian food and I would for sure come back here! They seem to do it right and at a fair price!

• Visited January 2012