“Great steak here” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Cattle Baron

The Cattle Baron
Ranked #20 of 3,490 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Canadian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene, Kids, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Inspired by Wellington's Fine Dining of Calgary, the CattleBaron Steakhouse and Bar was created and designed as a casual alternative for the upscale steak enthusiast. Soon recognized as Calgary's premiere casual steakhouse, the CattleBaron offers our guests the finest quality Alberta beef, carefully selected wines, and world famous western hospitality and service. Using the freshest ingredients and homemade recipes passed on for all to enjoy. From business clientele to families alike, our guests can enjoy lunch or dinner in a comfortable atmosphere that is both affordable and relaxed.
Calgary, Canada
“Great steak here”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

My friend and I went to Cattle Baron for a ladies night out dinner and were impressed with the quality of food and enjoyable atmosphere there. The restaurant is clean with a pleasant decor. The tables weren't too closely packed like other restaurants sometimes have. The waiter was helpful when we had trouble choosing from the menu and attentive throughout the evening. Other patrons seemed to be having fun and the mood was relaxed and not snobby or uptight. Our meals arrived hot and were both of generous portions. My steak was delicious! I would say the only thing that may stop us from returning was the price but overall was a fabulous dining experience.

• Visited February 2014

Regina, Canada
“Expected more”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

Given the reviews, I expected a lot more from the restaurant. Had the prime rib, and while it was decent, it was not something to write home about. Service was very good, parking terrible, but overall we enjoyed the meal. Not sure we will return though.

Visited February 2014
Calgary
“Good food, good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

At the recommendation of a friend, I stopped by the Cattle Baron to try the baby back ribs, which he said were fantastic. Being a bit of a rib afficionado, I was pleased to see their ribs were infused with JD's BBQ sauce, which gives the meat a smoky-sweet, tangy flavor. Sadly, I didn't find the ribs fantastic at all....just average. Not fall-off-the-bone tender, I had to work at it to pick the bones clean. I certainly wouldn't rate the Cattle Baron's ribs in the top 10 that I've eaten. My date really enjoyed the Steak Neptune, tender and grilled to perfection, covered with seafood morsels. The calamari appetizer was average as well....nothing to rave about. All-in-all, I was disappointed in the ribs, but the food was good, the value was good, the atmosphere was relaxing, and the service was excellent. I'll be back to try a steak the next time.

Calgary
“Fantastic evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

We had a great meal in the lounge at the Cattle Baron. It consisted of appetizers. The wings were great really meaty and we also had the lamb pops they were just amazing. Also the dry ribs are a must. The wine by the glass was fantastic and there is a good variety to choose from. I love the environment here and the service never disappoints.

Calgary, Canada
“What a beautiful steak house.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

The Cattle Baron was highly recommended to me by a good friend, so I made my way down. I was very pleasantly surprised by the menu to see such a great verity of food choices. I love both beef and seafood and there was a great selection of both. The atmosphere was perfect and the server was very knowledgeable overall.

If you are looking for great food and atmosphere look no further the Cattle Baron (steak house).