“Excellent Steak”

The Cattle Baron
Ranked #20 of 3,725 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Canadian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Inspired by Wellington's Fine Dining of Calgary, the CattleBaron Steakhouse and Bar was created and designed as a casual alternative for the upscale steak enthusiast. Soon recognized as Calgary's premiere casual steakhouse, the CattleBaron offers our guests the finest quality Alberta beef, carefully selected wines, and world famous western hospitality and service. Using the freshest ingredients and homemade recipes passed on for all to enjoy. From business clientele to families alike, our guests can enjoy lunch or dinner in a comfortable atmosphere that is both affordable and relaxed.
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My wife and I were at the Cattle Baron south location for diner. I had the Rib Eye with the Salt and pepper prawns, wow was it good! My wife had the Tenderloin, the meal was fantastic. Comparing the prices for steak vs. other restaurants I felt it was a very good value. We ate in the Bar side and was very impressed with the service. The Manager Charelston was very attentive and made sure to ask if everything was good. It is nice to see a manager asking the patrons if they are enjoying there evening. The young lady server was great too. Oh I forgot you have to try the Dry Ribs to start Wow are they good!

Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

Went for dinner here. Nice looking place. Friendly staff. Very expensive! The Keg is actually cheaper and give bigger portions. Drinks were very over priced too. Food tasted average. I don't think I would return. Lots of other choices close by.

1  Thank rjjj_r
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We finally deceided to stop and try this restaurant after having driven by it many times to visit family in Calgary.You will not be disappointed! The atmosphere, decor, staff and food is absolutely wonderful. My husband and I both had steaks that were cooked to perfection!! My sister-in-law had the salmon and reported that it was also done to perfection! Save room for dessert, they are divine!!

1  Thank Diana H
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Up near the calgary airport you will find this awesome beef place and trust me the prime rib and steaks are out of this world, they also feature some rockin appetizers too

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Have been to this restaurant numerous times. Food is always consistent - hot and quite tasty. We have found the service to be very good. If you want better steak and better atmosphere, Redwater Grill is much better. It's almost the same price wise, but the food is MUCH better.