“Excellent food, service and decor !”

Caesar's Steak House - Willow Park
Ranked #92 of 3,547 Restaurants in Calgary
Dining options: Private Dining, Reservations
Neighborhood: Southeast Calgary
Description: Caesar's is undeniably old school. Rich surroundings of burgundy leather and dark wood finishes evoke a sense of nostalgia. The space isn't the only thing that defines Caesar's, but rather a complete package. Caesar's has been captivating diners with the best aged, individually cut to order and charbroiled beef that Alberta has to offer, the art of service and value. Returning patrons often ask for their grandfather and / or father's table for a lively discussion over dinner to celebrate a special occasion or for an important business meeting. That is because a steak dinner is more than just a meal; it can turn into a ritual of sorts, best performed not by a restaurant, but by an institution. Caesar's Steakhouse was established in 1972 and the ownership has remained with the same families since inception. Our relationship with our customers, our suppliers and our team is what has made Caesar's a tradition in the Calgary community
Canada
“Excellent food, service and decor !”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I've been to this location a couple of times this year for business and have not been disappointed with the food or service. Warning - The cheese-bread can be addictive!
Despite the new decor, (which is a positive update), this is definitely a "classic" steakhouse, with excellent service which stands apart from the standard chain restaurant fare.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank Gr8Canadian

Okotoks, Canada
“Nice Reno! Great Food! Great Waiter!”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Well! Been going to Caesar's south for years and years. Very curious about the new renovation. Impressed by the new decor, the service and the ramped up menu. The blue cheese sauce with my filet was to die for. Our waiter, Griffin, was attentive, funny and altogether 'an experience'. One no longer has to include the onion soup or the salad, more a la carte, but no problem there, choices are good, plentiful and nicely done.
Had one of our favourite Malbec's, reasonably priced. Note that they are now open Sundays.
NICE!!

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank EME57
Calgary, Canada
“Average At Best”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

We went to Caesar's South before a business function and I found myself wanting to be at the original downtown. The decor seemed similar but something was just off about everything from the service to the steak, I love Caesar's downtown but the next time I am this far South in Calgary I'll be looking for another restaurant to eat at.

• Visited April 2012
2 Thank Kirk_and_Jo-Anne
Calgary
“Problems with the service”
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Just came back from this month's dinner our group of 20 held at Caesar's. I am sorry to say that I was not as impressed as I have been in the past.
THE FOOD
Ordered Steak and Lobster for $70 that included French onion soup and salad. The soup was very small, but good. The garden salad was very average, I selected thousand island dressing which was just OK. The main course came with a stuffed potato that was really dry (unless you drenched it in sour cream), 3 fresh tomato slices an 3 fresh cucumber slices. The steak cooked to perfection and amazingly small, but the lobster was very good.
For desert I selected the fresh strawberries with whipped cream, very good.
THE PLACE
It has the look of a very classy steak house.
THE SERVICE
Very classy look, all black tuxedos and bow ties.
I was very surprised when I ordered my second cocktail and I asked the waiter to take it back because I didn't like it, he said no, that he would still charge us for it. After I argued he suggested to bring the manager, who never showed up. So I kept the drink on the table and just continued with water. Later on he explained that if the drink was bad then that was one thing, but if I just didn't like, then he wouldn't replace it. So, the argument started again with the waiter, I explained that the customer is always right and he should replace the drink, but to no avail. In the end it wasn't a big problem for me since I wasn't paying, but gives me an idea of the service philosophy of this place. I flagged down the assistant manager later, he corrected the incident immediately. Another weird moment was when the waiter poked me on the shoulder to ask me what I wanted to order.
VALUE
The total cost for 19 people was $1500 which is in line with most of the recent group dinners we've had.
CONCLUSION
I was disappointed with Caesar's. Since I am the organizer for our group, I will not be selecting this restaurant next time.

• Visited June 2012
4 Thank CDNchicken
Calgary, Canada
“Excellent Fine Dining Experience”
Reviewed June 15, 2012

We had an anniversary dinner yesterday and it was excellent, as it has been for years.
They have kept up their excellent quality and service. I had Rack of Lamb which was done exactly as I requested; delicious. My wife had Scampi and said it was very good as well.
We note that the restaurant automatically applies a 15% gratuity on the bill. If the experience had been poor we would have been concerned but the food and the service by the waiter was great so the tip was certainly justified.

• Visited June 2012