“Don't usually recommend chains, but..... separate veggie menu”
Review of Cactus Club Cafe

Cactus Club Cafe
Ranked #6 of 3,664 Restaurants in Calgary
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Northeast Calgary
Reviewed September 7, 2012

This place impressed me. It is a typical moderate price chain with a modern atmosphere, but the menu items are surprisingly creative and tasty. Don't waste your time sifting through the menu looking for veggie options, ask for the vegetarian menu card. The separate leaflet lists 10+ veggie choices and bonus on the back side all of the gluten free items :)

3  Thank TheVeggieNomad

Reviewed August 27, 2012

Cactus Club Cafe is actually a sport grill and bar whre noise is supreme - from overhead TVs on sport channels and servers in short, tight black dresses. Food is mostly grilled meats with some asian-inspired dishes. Portions are quite large served in oversize plates; cocktails, beer and wine are the preferred drinks. My husband, a senior, complained that he could not hear the conversation and was instantly suggested to get a hearing aid by our 'Y-generation' son.

3  Thank connie l
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I like everything I've tried on the menu - even the salad's are wonderful. The service is always really good. The only thing I can complain about is that the place is pretty noisy, no matter what time of day. The outdoor patio is nice on a sunny day, and a bit more quiet.

1  Thank worldtravellers4
Reviewed August 23, 2012

My husband and I are in Calgary on business and we are having to eat out daily. Cactus Club alongside Barlow Trail is very close to our hotel. We went in on Sunday and the drink special was Ceasar's and of course we each had one, I believe price was $4.95 and they were the best Ceasars I have ever had. We ordered the Edamame appetizer to share and you definitely would not be able to eat this on your own, it is a perfect sharing appetizer, salty and tasty, goes well with the Ceasar. For entree I had Fish Taco's (2 are served in the order) they were very good, but not as good as Earl's in Jasper. We ate light this nite so I can't really comment on dessert or the wine. I will return, as the atmosphere was upscale and I would like to try other items on their fresh looking menu.

1  Thank ItalianRoadRunner
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Me and my 43 year old father went for drinks and dinner to celebrate his birthday, the food was exceptional and the music and patio were just divine. Only problem was the 40 minute wait for the patio and the overpriced food. Otherwise well done Cactus Club!

1  Thank Oliver F