“Disappointing”
Review of Brava Bistro - CLOSED

Brava Bistro
Cuisines: Canadian, American, Mediterranean, Fusion
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Mont royal
Cross street: 7th Street
Palm Springs, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointing”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

All three of us were disappointed with the food and service at this restaurant. The waiter had to be asked three times for water to dilute the coffee that was too strong. The entrees were disappointing - a tiny avocado and prawn salad, average mussels and a mediocre salad with the ahi tuna bagel.
The toilet paper roll was broken in the bathroom and the bathroom needs a facelift.
Mostly we were disappointed by the disinterested server.

Regina, Canada
“Why haven't we eaten here before?”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We went to Brava Bistro to celebrate with family. What a great experience. The food was excellent, good portion size, tasty and creative. The waiter was excellent, knew the wine list, could offer suggestions based on our food selections. Was there when needed. All in all a great evening.

Ottawa, Canada
“average place at lunch”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

It's a Calgary bistro - the 'local' beer was from Whistler BC, and the second local option came from Toronto. That was strange.
We were there for lunch and had two sandwiches - the daily carver's special and the short rib sandwich. Both were fine. Neither was amazing. Not sure what the hype/excitement is about though. Maybe it's better in the evening.

Calgary, Alberta, Canada
“Awesome Service, Great Place to Celebrate”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

This was my first time to Brava and I have to say I was blown away by their selection of food and wines. One of the things that made it great was we were able to bring our own bottles of wine and just pay the corkage fee. But the one true thing that blew me away about this place was that they had lobster poutine. It sounds like something that doesn't match but believe me when you have it, you'll know that it's a match made in heaven. It's a definite must try when you come here. Their main entrees were pretty good, I had the pork braised shoulder and was very happy with it, although I do have to admit it was a little salty for my taste. Our waitress was super friendly and the service overall was good except for the long gap between when our appetizers and entrees were served without much explanation for the delay. If you are looking for a great place to dine on 17th Ave, this would be the place to go!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Brad N
Calgary, AB, Canada
“Celebrating a Friend's Birthday”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

A friend and I celebrated her special birthday at Brava on a Friday night. Because we were late making a reservation the only seats available were at the Bar, which was fine. It was my first visit but my friend had eaten at Brava many times and recommended it. The atmosphere was vibrant and the service was great but I must say the food was absolutely perfect! I especially enjoyed my salmon dinner as well as a salad and the delicious warm gingerbread dessert served with Village ice cream. I completed my dinner with decaf coffee (Phil & Sebastian) which was superb. I can't wait to have dinner at Brava again.

• Visited June 2013