“Great Food, Always Reliable, Great Value”
Review of Brava Bistro - CLOSED

Brava Bistro
Cuisines: Canadian, American, Mediterranean, Fusion
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Mont royal
Cross street: 7th Street
Calgary, Canada
“Great Food, Always Reliable, Great Value”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

We have eaten at Brava many times over the past 10 years and have always found it great. I finally thought I should review it. We ate there last night, on short notice they fit us in nicely. The staff is always pleasant and very responsive. The food is consistently excellent. We had the crispy chicken which was superb and the beef short ribs, also wonderful. The portions were excellent size, we had to take home leftovers. The Mediterranean salad was also wonderful. The wine list is very good and fairly priced. The prices are some of the best in Calgary for the location, setting and caliber of food.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank gajgmusic

Calgary, Canada
“Ok I am not telling you the name of this place....”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

It is already hard enough to get into... amazing, enough said. Every time. GREAT date place - book on opentable, they are reliable to get a seat. Parking can be a challenge - be sure not to leave your car out front past 3:30... those tow truck drivers have a hay-day at that time. Love this place, it is my personal favorite, and go-to place for all good exeriences guaranteed. I go here at least once a month.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank digitaltravels
“Always a favorite.”
Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

I keep Brava on my list of great Calgary staple restaurants. The service and food are always great, and have been going there for years.

“Kind of Average”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

A friend of mine had been raving about Brava Bistro for some time, and so I was excited to try it out. We went on a Monday, early evening and the place was more or less deserted when we got there. The server who greeted us took a bit of time to warm up and smile, her demeanour was somewhere between unfriendly and rude at first. We were seated and our table server was much friendlier. We ordered the lobster poutine as an appetizer (apparently they are famous for this dish) and a chicken entree course. The food came out in good time, and it was hot. Given the build up I had to this place, I want to be able to say I enjoyed the food more than I did. The lobster poutine was small (fair enough for an appetizer) but there was not really very much lobster to it. I found three or four rubbery pieces in the dish, which was dressed with a non-descript seafood butter. It wasn't particularly tasty, I wouldn't order it again. The chicken dish was hot, well presented and tasty, but again, nothing that special. The price was reasonable and I was pleased about that, because any more money would have made the trip just not worth it. I would give this place another go on the basis of other reviews that suggest I may not have had a typical experience here.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank anderses
“It's been a while...”
Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

I haven't been to Brava in years. Used to love it, but so many other restaurants began opening in Calgary that I just hasn't been back. I was happy that it was still just as good as I remember it. The only reason I didn't rate it higher is because 1/3 ppl at our table didn't like their meal. Our table shared the lobster poutine and mussels, and they were fantastic. 2 ppl had flatbreads, and they also were DELISH. The breaded pork on a bed of linguini was awful. The pork tasted like shake and bake and the pasta had so many peppercorns in it that it made the pasta not taste very good (trying to be diplomatic). I would come back though, and it probably won't be as long this time around that I revisit this place!

2 Thank esg772016