“nice and quiet”

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Mont royal
Cross street: 7th Street
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I took my wife for her Birthday to this restaurant and according to the website it just had won first prize for best restaurant in Calgary and that is why I booked a table with them.
I have to say that we were very surprised in how romantic the bistro was and the food was excellent, we had appetizers and salad, entree and dessert, everything very nice and for once the portions weren't small in this Bistro.
We will definitely come back here with our friends.
Thanks Brava Bistro

1  Thank dutch63_12

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Made reservations for a Saturday night and could only get seats at the bar. Turned out fine since the bar servers were great. Very attentive and offered lots of suggestions for dinner items all of which were bang on. Ordered a reasonably priced bottle of Malbec which was excellent for the price. Shared a tuna tartare and then ordered a chicken entree and chicken and chorizo pasta. The tuna was good, the chicken was excellent and the pasta good and spicy. Only issue with the pasta was not enough chicken or chorizo. The toffee cake dessert was also a great end to a good dining experience. The restaurant has a nice ambiance and a good variety of menu selections and varied wine list.

1  Thank zingmaster
Reviewed September 13, 2012

My husband's company has booked Brava Bistro two years in a row for his Christmas party, so it's probably a way different experience than most. I had a great time both times because the bartender was fantastic, the food was AMAZING and the service impeccable. I would, and have, recommend this place to anyone for their special events.

1  Thank LadyJMH
Reviewed September 7, 2012 via mobile

We had to wait 30 min just to get our drinks. Finally got it after finishing our appetizer (lobster pouting highly recommended). Waiter would chat for 10 minutes with the table next to us and completely blow us off. I read about the bad service in other reviews but didn't believe it would be that bad. It really was that bad! However, the food did compensate to give my 3 star rating.

1  Thank ChinoFX
Reviewed September 5, 2012

We ate at Brava Bistro on the Monday night of the labour day weekend. I think on that evening they were either short staffed in the kitchen or the food is very mediocre.
Our food took a long time to arrive and my main dish was served at room temperature (steamed mussels with soggy pomme frites) and my husband's flatbread pizza was overcooked.
I had overheard from the table beside us that the chopped greek salad was delicious. Well, for starters it wasn't presented as a chop salad. At most restaurants, a chopped salad has all of the ingredients chopped into very tiny pieces and all blended together....hence the name 'chopped salad' (Morton's has the very best chopped salad). This was just a small tossed greek salad with a slab of feta on top, a little tahini dressing and a few pita chips (very overpriced for $16.00).
The desserts were very yummy......you must order the warm gingerbread cake.

1  Thank travellerEv