“Perfect lunch time restaurant”

Barclay's Upscale Casual
Ranked #827 of 3,529 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Canadian, American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Downtown
Calgary
“Perfect lunch time restaurant”
Reviewed June 18, 2012

I will say the food is nicely made and so tasty. I had the pizza when I was there and it was sinful but really good. Everyone enjoyed their meals: the pasta, the burgers, the salads. I would it's great for lunch but I have never eaten here for dinner. It's got a bar atmosphere but not as fun as the Irish bar connected to the hotel so that's where I would go in the evenings.

• Visited May 2012
2 Thank travelbird31

Mississauga, Canada
“Good but not great”
Reviewed November 9, 2011

The food was fine, just nothing too special. Certainly convenient if you are staying in the hotel - but I wouldn't go out of my way to dine here. The staff are friendly & attentive and you'll get a decent dinner for a decent price.

Visited November 2011
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
“Un-trendy, even quiet? Refined yet casual? Yessiree, and good"”
Reviewed November 1, 2011

Sheraton Suites Hotel's small, satisfying casual restaurant on the ground floor offers authentic tastes long-missing in Cowtown eateries. One meal not to miss: an excellent basic brunch featuring a huge bacon cornucopia with local sausages, beautiful Benies and real scrambles, anti-instant oatmeal (porridge to Albertans),, fresh croissonts (rolls to Americans) -- amid fresh fruits, juices, cakes, cookies. The usual assorteds -- but 2 steps up in quality of ingredients and ease of movement among the tables. Not a single novelty or ice-carving? Nope, but micro-slices of perfectly smoked salmon from BC to die for. Try it ON scrambles. Then have some more. A huge surprise of no surprises, simply a reprise of the great tastes most dishes at brunchtime lost years ago. $25 is not cheap. But the 3 of us smiled with great satisfaction as we waddled out. Did I mention authentic Canadian maple syrup for French toast? No Aunt Jemima or Karo here. Save up and have some Noshing nostalgia. This is how it was and is still -- in Eaters' Heaven, REAL food! I am planning my next trip to Calgary around brunch at Barclay's.

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank bobsolomon
Markham
“A good time”
Reviewed September 24, 2011

I'm sure it had a lot to do with the company that I was with but I had a great time. I might have had a better time if I wasn't so tired. The orders were cobb salads and a tofu thai salad. No complaints about the food. The others in my party are wine drinkers and enjoyed their drinks. Our waitress was very knowledgeable, accomodating, attentive and friendly. A couple of us forgot to order chicken with the salads and the kitchen did a rush order to get that out to us. They even let someone charge their mobile device behind the bar.

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank TJAMROCK
Calgary, Canada
“Cross the street and go to Joey's!”
Reviewed April 9, 2011

I was expecting something great, but instead got horrible. I've dined in plenty of "upscale restaurants" and this is not at all in the range. The waitress was NOT upscale, the food was not upscale (I think mine must have been a frozen dinner they picked up at WalMart, and overcooked it in the microwave). The $47 dollar bottle of Malbec was horrible, I can't believe they actually had "copper moon" on the menu? Copper Moon at a Sheraton Upscale restaurant? Retails at SuperStore for $14 (1 liter bottle and I know because that's what a friend serves and loves it. Please save yourself from this place... the young teeny bopper waitresses and waiters (and food) across the street has more upscale than the Sheraton Restaurant in Calgary. Save yourself the experience and money! It's not at all worth it.
Sorry, the waitress couldn't even let our 83 year old father finish his meal, pressured him so much that he rendered his plate before he was halfway even done.

• Visited April 2011