“lamb” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Teatro Restaurant

Teatro Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Teatro Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #170 of 3,490 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Italian, Canadian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 1st Street SE
Transit: The C-train stations- Olympic Plaza and 1 st, are located on 7th Avenue and 1 Street SE, behind the restaurant.
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
“lamb”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

food and service was excellent Itis not cheap but the service is worth it. fantastic wine list and the lamb was fantastic. thanks

“Still Great Italian”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

A business colleague and myself went to Teatro for lunch last week and we enjoyed all aspects of our lunch. After all these years the restaurant is one of the best for ambience. We ordered pasta and chicken dishes and both were delicious. Service was spot on (primarily due to very few lunch goers that particular day), the hostess and our server were friendly and polite which was expected from a restaurant of this calibre. Prices can get steep but there are other great options that are less expensive. A beer and a glass of wine, two entrees and coffee ran us about $80 so I would say its about average for Calgary.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“The hype got us”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

My wife and I like to fine dine a few times every month. Teatro was a well established talked about restaurant, so seemed like a no brainer.
When we arrived, the mood was nice, large building but still intimate. Very tall ceiling, looks like an old bank reno'd. Our reservation was not ready, so we sat at the bar and waited 5-10 minutes, no biggy. When we were seating, we were greeted by a waiter who spoke very little english. You could tell right away he was not accustomed to fine dining service. He also seemed to have over 4-5 tables to himself which made for slower service.

We ordered the pickerel and lobster chowder with appy's and sparkling water. We both ordered drinks (my first beer was out of stock). They forgot to give our standard complimentary bread to start...when I asked, he looked at me for a few seconds awkwardly, then went and got it...like what the heck?! You can see all the "cooks" working in the kitchen...all looked young full of tattoos. It made sense once we got our meal, very amateur quality. Both our meals had rolled cucumber, cauliflower and foam mouse...made no sense with my fish, looked mass produced. I did not like my meal (hard to take the fish skin off, no starch, just fish and rolled cucumber, so I was starving once I finished. We decided to leave without dessert which seemed to annoy our waiter lol. We spent $150 too much in the end...wont go back.

• Visited January 2013
Aberdeen
“Fine dining in historic setting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

The restaurant is located in a historic building with very lavish, sophisticated decor. Decadent food prepared in an open kitchen and we enjoyed the lively atmosphere. My collegues had been in the mood for steak however the beef main course left them disappointed as there was no enough of it on the plate.

Visited June 2012
“Romance”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2012

We have lots of great memories here. First this is were we got engaged and this past year our good friends had their intimate wedding reception here. The food is wonderful, the wine cellar beautiful and the location is divine.

Visited February 2012