“Excellent lunch”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Southeast Calgary
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Recently had lunch at this restaurant with a business colleague. He ordered the Linguine Vongole and I had the seafood salad. Both were excellent. The seafood salad was huge with lots of calamari rings, large shrimp, small baby shrimp, and mussels. It was tossed with a nice light dressing. Certainly enough for a filling meal. My companion had the linguine which he said was good, but in seeing my seafood salad would rather have ordered that. The restaurant was not busy for lunch. Should I be in that part of town again, I would certainly head there for lunch.

There are newer reviews for Piccola Napoli Ristorante

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Proper full name of restaurant: La Piccola Napoli.
Owner/head waiter greets quickly and settles you at your table. Wait-staff share duties so you don't get overlooked because "it's not my table".
Co-owner/chef prepares the food excellently - it arrives at your table hot, on warmed plates. Delicious!
Good selection of wines at fair prices, and popular cocktails are available.
I'd call the decor "cosy", rather than "dated" as other reviewers say. Tables separated for privacy.

Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

The food & service at this restaurant are fabulous! Lots of authentic Italian dishes and service like no other. The staff welcome you like family, are extremely attentive, and make every effort for you to have an enjoyable evening. We go back time and time again. Don't let the outdated decor impact you negatively - it ends up being part of the charm.

1  Thank RachaelDB
Reviewed July 10, 2012

When we first walked into the place, my wife and I looked at each other and thought "Uh,oh! We've mad a mistake!". Instead of feeling like you were in a great Italian restaurant you felt like you were in a family style eatery complete with the tacky decor with an oriental flair. But the service and incredible food quickly dissolved our concerns. Based on the quality of our dishes, anything you order would be top-notch, The wine list was impressive as well as the dessert menu. You should try their Amaretto Ice Cream or the Coco Ice Cream,, both made with gelato . And their espresso was a perfect finish!

1  Thank WedgeShot
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Considering most of the great Italian Restaurants are downtown or near it, this is a nice little gem for the south as the food is great and affordable! I love this place!

1  Thank Paige M