“Always Fabulous!”

Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Between 5th and 6th Street on 8th Ave SW
Transit: We are located 1/2 block south of the 5th ave C-Train stop.
Description: Mediterranean comfort food including duck, prime grade beef, Atlantic salmon, pastas, and homemade flatbreads. Every dish has a suggested wine pairing from our extensive cellar. Enjoy the warmth of our charmingly rustic wood, stucco, stone and wrought iron decor. Escoba seats up to 175 for dinner with the capacity to host up to 280 for specialized cocktail and appetizer functions.
Calgary
“Always Fabulous!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I went to Escoba on a busy Friday night with a friend. We both had my favorite the Duo of Lamb and Bison. Our server Michelle knew the menu inside/out and recommended a perfect Austrailian red wine.
Everything was memorable as usual. The lamb was cooked perfectly and the bison melted in our mouths.

I often order the food delivered thru Waiter en Route and even with a 20 minute trip to the house - it is still Fabulous!

I used to order the duck and wish they would bring it back - even as a special.....

Calgary
“Very good food, but the prices....”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

We went for lunch without a reservation and were lucky to get a table because of a cancellation. The place was packed, but wasn't loud or crowded. The service was professional and friendly and the food excellent. We had the seafood paella, which had enough sea critters and flavour to make it memorable. An empty plate for the discarded clam shells would have been nice, but not provided.
My only real problem with this restaurant are the prices: $12 for a glass of average syrah, $29 for a plate of paella seems too much. Yes it is Calgary, yes it is Downtown, but really?! Yet the place was packed. I guess people are willing to part with their hard earned money, so who am I to complain.

• Visited March 2013
Grande Prairie, Canada
“Fantastic for lunch”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

While travelling to Calgary, I came to Escoba for lunch with a group of collegues. The food was fantastic and arrived at our table quickly, the service was great, and there was no problem making it back to the office at a good time. The soup of the day was a curry vegetable and was quite possibly the best soup that any of us had eaten in a long time. We had salads and flatbreads for our meals, and everyone thoroughly enjoyed their selections.
We were surprised that the same menu is used at lunch and dinner, but this gave us an opportunity to peruse the menu and we all commented we would like to come here for dinner. We will be back next time we visit Calgary.

Visited February 2013
Woking, United Kingdom
“Not What It Used To Be”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

I ate lunch at Escoba yesterday for the first time in a while. I was really disappointed with the selection of starters and the escoba salad was just overpriced.
I remember this restaurant for having fresh tasting food with quality ingredients. The risotto balls and crab cakes were under-seasoned and the spring rolls were chewy. I'm glad I asked for the Ahi Tuna addition to the escoba salad because without the tuna it would have been a large bowl of frisee salad, some roasted red pepper and some crumbs of goats cheese...
Service was good although a friend did have the servers arm pit thrust in her face.
Such a disappointment.

Calgary, Canada
“Excellent lunch spot”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Busy spot, recommend making a reservation. Had the Escoba Salad with lemon shrimp however my co-worker had the grilled vegetable salad with shrimp and honestly wanted her salad instead. Everything on the menu looks amazing, they too have gluten free choices - found the waitress to be a bit loud but she was entertaining for sure. She knew the menu and did make gluten free recommendations to us. Will visit again for sure, truly enjoyed.