“They treat you right”

Classic Jack's Restaurant & Bar
Neighborhood: Mont royal
Neighborhood: Mont royal
Reviewed January 21, 2012

Always bust so it must be a good place. The food is great and always comes with 2 side orders. Lot's of diff types of beer to try.

1  Thank YL-vanisland

Reviewed December 27, 2011

I've eaten at Classic Jack's, and to be honest, I haven't loved it. The food is a little over priced and mostly very bar food. Lots of fried things, burgers, wings, etc.

However, there is dancing, and on Friday and Saturday nights this place is a great place to get a table and hang out! There are live DJs and it's always packed to the gills. Get there early to get a spot, otherwise you might be stuck waiting outside for a while in line.

1  Thank lacanadiensita
Reviewed October 19, 2011

We were there to watch the Flames season opener in October. W we asked and were told the game would be on for us to watch. After we were done eating and getting ready for the game they change all but one TV to UFC. We asked for more TV's so all eight of the people at our table could watch...we ended up with one TV that worked, and one TV that cut in and out the entire evening.

In the middle of UFC two losers got into a fight, the bouncer got involved and while wrestling they slammed into one of the girls sitting at our table. Nobody from the bar came over to make sure the people at our tables were okay.

The food was awful, and the drink service was pathetic. At one point in the evening four members of the CPS Gang Suppression Unit showed up at the bar for who knows what reason. It took us half an hour and multiple requests for our waitress to bring us our bill so we could leave.

One of the worst evenings I've spent out.

2  Thank AM144
Reviewed August 27, 2011

A group of us went on a Wednesday night and it was packed. Got a table, had a couple burgers. Little light on the patty size but the English Back Bacon made up for all things missed on the burger. Had a couple beers, they had a large import craft beer selection. Would definately return.
Had a live band the night we were there, lead singers mic was turned up way to highwas straight ear piercing, but that didn't ruin the night one bit.

1  Thank wick1979
Reviewed August 8, 2011

My buddy and I went to the place after 10pm on August 5 but were asked to present two picture id's before we could enter. Two picture ids..... are you kidding me? Who ever goes around with his passport and drivers license??? Now my buddy and I are two black dudes (professionals) and were well dressed. Disqualifing any suggestions that we were not presentable. I pointed to the guy at the entrance (bouncer) the posted 'pub rule' said ....." Two pieces of ID" and not two pieces of photo ID, yet he apologized and refused us entry. I asked others who were guest at the place but happened to be out having a smoke if they were asked for two photo IDs prior to entry ...answer I got was only one photo ID was asked! Cut the long story short... we left and went somewhere else. Reason I believe the place (Classic Jack) on 17th Av is discriminatory. Last time I am going there for sure..

1  Thank Ola A