“Very good Italian pasta and spinach salad”
Review of Chianti Cafe

Chianti Cafe
Ranked #425 of 3,725 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Northwest Calgary
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Our family eats here on a regular basis. Come on Sunday, Monday or Tuesday when all the pastas are less. Try the spinach salad...it's the best. Athena Pasta is very good too. Expect good value for your dollar here. it's always busy on the cheaper nights, but worth it. The portions are a good size and can be shared if you're on a budget.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Had the veal fungy and it was awful. The meat was not fresh, was lumpy, chewy and not fit for consumption.
When I complained to the waitress, they did offer to replace it. To their credit, I was not charged for the meal.
Staff was friendly and curtious.
Would I go back ..... NO

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Stopped by for a quick dinner hoping to satisfy a craving for pasta. Ordered bruschetta as a starter which was served on dried out focacchia and the tomatoes were so underripe that they were almost white. Come on this is summer; can't you find a ripe tomato? The garlic was in big chunks. For the pasta, I ordered a half order of tortellini alla panna and a half of tortellini romanoff. The white sauce on the alla panna was too sweet and tasted of flour. The romanoff was supposed to be in a creamy tomato sauce. The sauce was dry and bitter. My dinner companion had a smoked salmon pasta dish. The salmon was very strongly flavoured and salty. We will not return anytime soon.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

I know a lot of people have raved about this place, but I have also eaten at other locations and each one was bland food.
I've tried a variety of pastas and chicken dishes. Others didn't like the taste.
Well it is a matter of taste, so I guess it depends on what your tastes are I guess.
I've tried it more than once and never enjoyed it, and felt like each time I overpaid for a meal I did not enjoy.

Others like it though, so take this for what it's worth--one guy's opinion on the internet.
The only reason I would avoid this place is I find the food bland and boring.
No other complaints though--other than a bit pricey for what you get.

2  Thank zedmanab
Reviewed June 17, 2013

My extended family met up here for a night out to reconnect. Excellent service, good food (as long as you don't mind garlic!) and nice atmosphere. Could also be a romantic choice, if sitting outside at the back in their gazebo in the summer.