“Very nice lunch!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Northwest Calgary
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Some friends and I went for lunch to Chiantis Cafe this weekend. The prices were very reasonable, and the food quite tasty. They have a variety of lunch specials, both pasta and pizza, for $8.99. I had the 1/2 portion of spinach fettucini with a generous amount of vegetables with an olive oil and herb sauce which was full of flavour. Included in the price, I chose a side of minestrone soup (other choices included a soup of the day or a salad). The minestrone soup broth had good flavour, but my particular serving had only some cabbage and one kidney bean to be seen. I would have expected a greater variety of vegetables in a minestrone. The focaccia that was served with the meal, which was served with the traditional oil and balsamic for dipping, was fresh, moist and nicely seasoned. All in all a very nice meal, and I will definitely return.

1  Thank Joanne H

Reviewed October 26, 2012

Whether you're after an intimate dinner for two or bringing the whole clan in to chow down, this is a perfect spot for all. Chianti's provides an excellent choice of food fare for every palate. Portions are generous and you'll likely be taking some home. You'll love the yummy Italian bread to swirl in oil and balsamic vinegar at the start of the meal. The wine list is decent with affordable prices. $8.99 pasta is served several nights of the week, making this restaurant an extremely affordable night out. Enjoy!

3  Thank CanadianMum
Reviewed July 18, 2012

I live near this restaurant and had passed it by many times, but today I decided to stop in. It has a very nice ambiance and has a wonderful outdoor area, including a gazebo. The food was bargain Italian, about the same prices as Olive Garden with much better service. I had the chicken soup, which was very good. The mushrooms in it were clearly fresh and the chicken was nice, large bits, very flavorful. There was a bread basket but alas I do not eat bread. For my main cource, I had the veal in a lemon-butter sauce and instead of the potato they were willing to give me extra veggies. The sauce was delicious, very tart! The only flaw in the meal is that the veggies were undercooked, but I honestly didn't mind, I rather like them that way. A lot of people wouldn't though so I feel I should mention it. Then I had coffee for dessert, so to speak, and it was good. I would definitely recommend this place for dining on a budget.

1  Thank AriaDream
Reviewed March 3, 2012

We really like the Crowfoot Chiantis, which is managed by a very attentive and dedicated man whose hard work is evident. The weeknight pasta specials are great for families, though prices are reasonable regularly. Portion sizes are filling but not overly large. The bread is delicious, served warm with oil and vinegar.

1  Thank Alyssa D
Reviewed February 6, 2012

My husband and I go to Chianti Cafe's Crowfoot location several times a year. We have never been disappointed with the food or the service.
Chianti isn't the best Italian food in town, nor is it a good restaurant for a romantic date, but it is consistently good. It's a great place to go for a meal with family or friends. The menu has a good variety of choices including several options for vegetarians. Chianti is always quite busy but the servers manage to keep up and we have never been left waiting for too long.

1  Thank SparkleMountain