“Good Steaks and fair service” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Caesar's Steak House

Caesar's Steak House
Ranked #17 of 3,490 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Canadian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Caesar's is undeniably old school. Rich surroundings of burgundy leather and dark wood finishes evoke a sense of nostalgia. The space isn't the only thing that defines Caesar's, but rather a complete package. Caesar's has been captivating diners with the best aged, individually cut to order and charbroiled beef that Alberta has to offer, the art of service and value. Returning patrons often ask for their grandfather and / or father's table for a lively discussion over dinner to celebrate a special occasion or for an important business meeting. That is because a steak dinner is more than just a meal; it can turn into a ritual of sorts, best performed not by a restaurant, but by an institution. Caesar's Steakhouse was established in 1972 and the ownership has remained with the same families since inception. Our relationship with our customers, our suppliers and our team is what has made Caesar's a tradition in the Calgary community.
Sydney, Australia
“Good Steaks and fair service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2010

A relatively easy walk from Calgary's C-train. The entrance isn't anything very special in the front of a nondescript building. Service was efficient and friendly. We ordered steaks, which were perfectly cooked - the steak diane cooked at our table. We had a gift card and so we had an enjoyable night, this would've been a pretty expensive night without the gift card (mains were around $40pp, add a bottle of wine, coffee etc). We were glad to have the opportunity to eat at Ceasar's, with good food and good service but nothing was outstanding and we probably won't return.

1 Thank Captainschmoo

• Korean first
Ashbourne, United Kingdom
“Great food and service. Not Cheap.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2010

It's a bit dark but the waiter was very good. The atmosphere was OK, quiet, but there were plenty of people in , enjoying themselves. It was not too formal, lots of men were in t-shirts and jeans.

We had the Chateaubriand for two for 90 dollars. It started with French onion soup, which was excellent and garlic bread which tasted fresh. There was also a salad course.

The steak itself was very tasty, ee ordered medium rare and it was cooked just right. Lovely. It came with lots of vegetables, which makes a nice change to a small lettuce leaf garnish. I ate all the steak but could not finish my baked potato and veg!

Again, the service was excellent, really friendly.

1 Thank mooseo
Red Deer Alberta
“Old school, great for a fun night out, fantastic food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2010

I've never had a bad meal at Caesar's. We are from out of town but often fly out of Calgary. I try to make a point of taking my wife here any time we are leaving for a trip the next morning. The atmosphere is really cool, very old school. The wait staff are just excellent, very professional. The food is excellent, my steak is always cooked perfect. The cheese toast as others have mentioned is to die for. I'm sure they must dust it with cocaine or something, it's totally addictive. I would not hesitate to recommend this restaurant to anyone.

1 Thank tehsteve
Calgary
“OK, wouldn't win any awards. I have eaten at much better steakhouses in Calgary.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2010

My husband and I went to the restaurant with friends on a Saturday night recently. Our meal was ok, but as I said wouldn't win any awards, I have much better steaks than this in Calgary. The restaurant lacked atmosphere(very quiet only two tables occupied) and the staff were very curt in their manner. When we received our bill at the end of the evening we paid in cash. Two of us checked the cash and added the required 15% to this, though I have to say I am sceptical whether it was justified. The waiter came back after short while claiming that we had paid them short. I checked the cash again and was horrified to find that there was a couple of $5 notes in the middle of the wad of notes. I have worked for over 27 years for a major bank in the UK and don't count the number of notes but the face value. We knew that there were no $5 notes in the original payment as we had just been to the ATM and it doesn't dispense $5 notes. We reluctantly made up the difference and were told that if we thought that if thought that the service was lacking we needn't pay the 15% gratuitity. The manner in which this was conyed left a sour taste to the evening and needless to say none of us will be recommending this establishment to friends.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Scammed2010
Calgary
“How the mighty have fallen”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2010

The French onion soup was the same as one might heat up from a Campbell's can, the parmesan cheese was of the powdered Kraft ghetto variety, and the steak was surprisingly mediocre. My medium-rare steak was flavourless and gristly. I'm not a chef by any means, but I can honestly say this was inferior to any steak I had every bought from Safeway's and BBQ'ed myself. My wife wanted hers well done, which I realize can be a challenge, but isn't this Calgary's best steakhouse? The waiter looked concerned and tried to persuade her to change the order to something a little more raw. She persisted in her decision: well done. After all, shouldn't Caesar's, with the top pick of the best meat available in Calgary, be able to get this right? It arrived medium to medium-rare, so we asked that it be returned and be replaced with what my wife ordered. The waiter apologized and kindly obliged. He later returned with the same steak now blackened, dry, and tough as shoe leather. It was basically inedible.

They didn't charge us for this steak, so that's to their credit, and the service wasn't that bad. The waiter was profusely apologetic, but if this used to be an exceptional restaurant, its glory days are far, far behind it. There is only so much mileage one can exploit from an outdated reputation. I imagine this fact will someday start to sink into the minds of the owners as this realization becomes widespread.

3 Thank SentientSam