“Steak Fest in Calgary”

Ranked #33 of 3,770 Restaurants in Calgary
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Private Dining, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Caesar's is undeniably old school. Rich surroundings of burgundy leather and dark wood finishes evoke a sense of nostalgia. The space isn't the only thing that defines Caesar's, but rather a complete package. Caesar's has been captivating diners with the best aged, individually cut to order and charbroiled beef that Alberta has to offer, the art of service and value. Returning patrons often ask for their grandfather and / or father's table for a lively discussion over dinner to celebrate a special occasion or for an important business meeting. That is because a steak dinner is more than just a meal; it can turn into a ritual of sorts, best performed not by a restaurant, but by an institution. Caesar's Steakhouse was established in 1972 and the ownership has remained with the same family since inception. Our relationship with our customers, our suppliers and our team is what has made Caesar's a tradition in the Calgary community.
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I was on business dinner with associates. This is rated by all present as the best steak place in Calgary and has been in business for as long as anyone could remember. The open pit grill was very nice. The staff was very helpful and courteous.

1  Thank uedc

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Went here for my Dads birthday. Food is absolutely amazing. Best streak ive had. Enjoyed the atmosphere as it has been re done. Waiter was so polite and knowledgeable. Will go again in a heart beat.

Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

Went here with some work colleagues. We wanted to experience some real Alberta beef and Caesars did not disappoint.

On arriving we were greeted warmly and shown to the bar area. I asked for a red wine and was told the Malbec was good. When I required what else was available, the waitress was not particularly happy about that. I ordered the Malbec anyway but it would have been nicer to have had a friendlier exchange.

We were seated promptly and the very pleasant waiter came to take our order. Good recommendations on the food and overall very knowledgable.

Mains came with an onion soup and a salad but these were nothing to write home about, however the steaks were excellent. Not the nicest steaks I've ever had but certainly very good.

Caesars is pricy but I think on balance worth it - it has a great old school atmosphere and the food and service (generally) is good.

Would go again.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

We were in Alberta for the first time and wanted to try the famous Alberta steaks. Based on the reviews on Tripadvisor, we decided to try Caesar's... unfortunately we did not hear reviews from people in the area that we knew before going, as we were pretty disappointed. We went to the downtown location; valet parking was a great plus because there is no free parking around. The atmosphere definitely needed a renovation; the chairs with the red vinyl panels and the brass grommets were the ugliest I have ever seen, and it made me feel like I was eating at King Arthur's table amongst roman arches. The restaurant was packed with older gentleman and it was overwhelmed with loud dinner conversation; it was hard to communicate to my husband who was only across the table from me. There was an Asian guy with a fu manchu mustashe that grilled the steaks in a glass display... apparently this guy has been here for years. The cheese bread is nothing to write home about, unlike many of the reviews written. C'mon guys, it's texas toast sliced bread, covered in powder parmesan cheese that you can get at the grocery store for a dollar; it's not even real cheese! It was also salty as hell. The salad was what I call a "sad salad"; it was dole packaged iceberg lettuce with a dollop of kraft dressing; it wasn't even thoroughly mixed into the leaves. The onion soup was so terribly salty, we tried to use the bread to ease the salt but to no avail; we could not finish it. We were questioning why there were such huge amounts of salt; maybe because the clientele was of older age, and by then your taste buds are dulled? Not sure. My husband and I ordered the Chateaubriand, which is a tenderloin served with sauce and vegetables. The server brings it over on a little cart that has a hot iron plate, and heats it up there, before he slices it up and divids us amongst my husband and I, and also heats up the vegetables as well. Kudos to the server that actually gave great service and did well with the presentation on the limited time he had. Vegetables are a little salty, and the sauce was a mystery to us. The steak was cooked perfectly, but the meat itself was chewier than expected, and a few days later we had an excellent comparison of the same price from a restaurant elsewhere, in hindsight it was disappointing. Caesar's is also expensive, definitely not worth our money for the salt laden meal we received. Trust me, this steak and its accompaniments were a disappointment; look elsewhere for a genuine experience of the good Alberta beef we hear about.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

I have been going to Caesar's for as long as I can remember, business and personal. It remains for me the best steakhouse I have ever been to. Fresh salad, excellent french onion soup, the two types of bread (garlic toast and cheese toast) and of course, the large Filet Mignon. Some people fret about the decor (70's / Roman Senate chambers / Dark and Red) I love it and I hope they never change it. Service is always exceptional with real old world waiters.

1  Thank HK_Bun