“GOOD FOOD FOR A FAIR PRICE”

Brewsters Brewing Company & Restaurant Crowfoot
Ranked #1,074 of 3,537 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Bar, Canadian, Brew Pub, Pizza, Grill, Pub
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Northwest Calgary
Description: Visit the Brewsters Brewing Company and Restaurant Crowfoot location in Calgary. The Crowfoot location provides a wide range of restaurant and pub menu items along with the best micro-brewed beer in Calgary, Alberta.
Calgary, Canada
“GOOD FOOD FOR A FAIR PRICE”
Reviewed November 28, 2011

I have been to this restaurant a few times. The atmosphere is great and the food is good for hte price.

They have a great lounge for lunch with a client and the restaurant is nice and clean although not as fancy as similar restaurants in its price range.

One of the items I have there often is the california type salad with Spinach, goat cheeze, apples, cranberries and roasted chicken.....it is one of hte best salads i have ever had.

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank JFEARN

“Good food, great staff”
Reviewed November 17, 2011

I’ve returned to Brewster’s Crowfoot on a number of occasions since I wrote my first review of them. They still have consistently good food, with a lunch menu that ranges from salads to steak, and with different specials for every day of the week.
On our most recent visit, I was also impressed with our server, Emmy. After we were seated, a large group started to drift in and eventually there were nearly 20 of them enjoying themselves in the center of the dining area. It’s natural for such groups to get a little noisy, and asking them to quiet down is usually a temporary solution at best. So we asked to be moved to the bar side of the pub. Emmy cheerfully did so, moving our food for us, and continued to give us good service even though we were on the other side of the restaurant from her other tables. It’s service like that, along with good food, that will keep us coming back.

• Visited October 2011
Calgary, Canada
“Came for Lunch, Stayed for the beer.”
Reviewed November 14, 2011

I don't remember the food much, which is to say that it was neither fantastic nor terrible. It was decent in many senses. Portion size was good, quality was satisfactory, food selection was adequate. What i do remember though is trying some of their new beers (or new to me) while they do have the regular beers, they offer a microbrew selection which is fantastic. Couple this with a nice warm day on the patio, and you could be there for the whole afternoon.

Visited August 2011
1 Thank b_red_l
Calgary, Canada
“They have tried to make the menu too fancy”
Reviewed October 6, 2011

Service is good and Monday night football specials are great. I don't care much for the food though. They have tried to make the food really fancy by adding weird things and it makes most of the food undesirable to me.

• Visited June 2011
2 Thank RedEarSlider
“No surprises”
Reviewed March 6, 2009

Brewsters Crowfoot

I wasn't quite sure why my friend's favorite lunch spot is this brew pub. For one thing, she doesn't drink beer. But I have to agree that this restaurant has some good points. Although the location is far from ideal (in the vast parking lot that encompasses the huge Crowfoot shopping area), the many windows give the space lots of natural light. The chairs are comfortable, and the space didn’t get noisy even when it was half-full. The service was okay, the food was enjoyable and competently prepared. The menu isn’t huge, but it has a decent range of options; lots of appetizers, a nice selection of soups & salads, a few pasta dishes, and some heftier main course offerings, such as steak or butter chicken. Burgers, pizzas and other pub food round out the menu.

I was hoping for a lighter lunch, with fish or seafood, but nothing on the menu fit the bill exactly, so my friend and I both chose the “sweet chili beef lo mein”. I’m always a bit anxious when ordering anything that might be the slightest bit spicy-hot at a restaurant, because my experience is that the chef’s concept of mild spicing is much too hot for me. But this dish of noodles, vegetables and beef was exactly to my taste, with a pleasantly mild heat from beginning to end. The only things about this dish that I didn’t like? First, a very large piece of baby bok choy was artistically placed in the dish; but it was so large that it would have been quite rude to eat it without cutting it up first, which is completely inconsistent with Chinese food. Second (and this is a really small quibble), the lo mein was presented in a large oval bowl with a single chopstick stuck upright in the food in either end of the bowl. Would they have presented it with a fork stuck vertically in one end of the noodles and a spoon stuck upright on the other side? I prefer my eating utensils on the side, thanks.

But both of those points are tiny quibbles; on a windy wintry day, this restaurant had attracted a wide variety of neighbourhood types, from a large group of middle-aged men, to a couple of moms with younger children, to the ubiquitous ladies who lunch. And it’s not hard to understand why it could be a local favorite. No surprises, just a pleasant space with a reliable food and service.

2 Thank Country_Wife

Been to Brewsters Brewing Company & Restaurant Crowfoot? Share your experiences!