“Good food, great staff”

Cuisines: Canadian, Grill, Brew Pub
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Northwest Calgary
Description: Visit the Brewsters Brewing Company and Restaurant Crowfoot location in Calgary. The Crowfoot location provides a wide range of restaurant and pub menu items along with the best micro-brewed beer in Calgary, Alberta.
Reviewed November 17, 2011

I’ve returned to Brewster’s Crowfoot on a number of occasions since I wrote my first review of them. They still have consistently good food, with a lunch menu that ranges from salads to steak, and with different specials for every day of the week.
On our most recent visit, I was also impressed with our server, Emmy. After we were seated, a large group started to drift in and eventually there were nearly 20 of them enjoying themselves in the center of the dining area. It’s natural for such groups to get a little noisy, and asking them to quiet down is usually a temporary solution at best. So we asked to be moved to the bar side of the pub. Emmy cheerfully did so, moving our food for us, and continued to give us good service even though we were on the other side of the restaurant from her other tables. It’s service like that, along with good food, that will keep us coming back.

Reviewed November 14, 2011

I don't remember the food much, which is to say that it was neither fantastic nor terrible. It was decent in many senses. Portion size was good, quality was satisfactory, food selection was adequate. What i do remember though is trying some of their new beers (or new to me) while they do have the regular beers, they offer a microbrew selection which is fantastic. Couple this with a nice warm day on the patio, and you could be there for the whole afternoon.

1  Thank b_red_l
Reviewed October 6, 2011

Service is good and Monday night football specials are great. I don't care much for the food though. They have tried to make the food really fancy by adding weird things and it makes most of the food undesirable to me.

2  Thank RedEarSlider
Reviewed March 6, 2009

Brewsters Crowfoot

I wasn't quite sure why my friend's favorite lunch spot is this brew pub. For one thing, she doesn't drink beer. But I have to agree that this restaurant has some good points. Although the location is far from ideal (in the vast parking lot that encompasses the huge Crowfoot shopping area), the many windows give the space lots of natural light. The chairs are comfortable, and the space didn’t get noisy even when it was half-full. The service was okay, the food was enjoyable and competently prepared. The menu isn’t huge, but it has a decent range of options; lots of appetizers, a nice selection of soups & salads, a few pasta dishes, and some heftier main course offerings, such as steak or butter chicken. Burgers, pizzas and other pub food round out the menu.

I was hoping for a lighter lunch, with fish or seafood, but nothing on the menu fit the bill exactly, so my friend and I both chose the “sweet chili beef lo mein”. I’m always a bit anxious when ordering anything that might be the slightest bit spicy-hot at a restaurant, because my experience is that the chef’s concept of mild spicing is much too hot for me. But this dish of noodles, vegetables and beef was exactly to my taste, with a pleasantly mild heat from beginning to end. The only things about this dish that I didn’t like? First, a very large piece of baby bok choy was artistically placed in the dish; but it was so large that it would have been quite rude to eat it without cutting it up first, which is completely inconsistent with Chinese food. Second (and this is a really small quibble), the lo mein was presented in a large oval bowl with a single chopstick stuck upright in the food in either end of the bowl. Would they have presented it with a fork stuck vertically in one end of the noodles and a spoon stuck upright on the other side? I prefer my eating utensils on the side, thanks.

But both of those points are tiny quibbles; on a windy wintry day, this restaurant had attracted a wide variety of neighbourhood types, from a large group of middle-aged men, to a couple of moms with younger children, to the ubiquitous ladies who lunch. And it’s not hard to understand why it could be a local favorite. No surprises, just a pleasant space with a reliable food and service.

2  Thank Country_Wife
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Fredericton, Canada
Reviewed August 21, 2008

Good nachos the one downtown is better

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook