“Really love this place, and always think I should go more often”
Review of The Blue House - CLOSED

The Blue House
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Voted the Best Latin Restaurant 3 times by Where Magazine, The Blue House continues to stay on top with a 5 Star Rating with the Groupon Group and a Fresh new Owner / Management Team! The Blue House has been established for 25 plus years featuring the best of Latin American Cuisine. This hidden Gem specialises in Fresh Seafood, AAA Beef, a wide selection of South American delicacies along with our Signature Ceviche. Weather you are celebrating a Special occasion, out on a Romantic getaway or just in the mood for some Latin traditions, we trust The Blue House surpasses your expectations. Relax & enjoy our 8 foot Fireplace in the heart of our Dining Room, our fully stocked newly renovated bar Featuring Brazilian Cachaca or our Live Flamenco Guitarists. Book your Reservation today!
Reviewed September 8, 2011

I've gone to the Blue House on and off for 20 years, but only seem to go about once a year or maybe once every two years. Each time I go I wonder why I don't go more often. The food is amazing, atmosphere is great particularly for a date night, and I can't say I've ever had a bad experience except for that feeling you get when they hand you the cheque at a pricey restaurant. However, it is always well worth it. I think I might go tonight.

One little quibble is that they really can pack you in on a busy night in a small restaurant. That's both a plus and a minus since it does add to the atmosphere, but it can feel a bit cramped. Take out two tables and spread the rest around and it would be perfect except for revenues so I get it.

1  Thank 987xyz

Reviewed August 15, 2011

Like others have said, the service was slow. But if you go there expecting to spend a long night, and enjoy the live music, it's really quite good. The food was delicious - very tasty, and the seafood was very fresh. Since it's a seafood restaurant, we didn't bother to order any steaks, so I can't say how good the steaks were. They are often fully booked on Friday and Saturday nights, so it's best to call ahead and make reservations if you go on those nights. We went with 2 small children (4 and 5 years) and they had fun and there were no problems. The service staff were very friendly to them.

1  Thank Fireworkks
Reviewed January 28, 2011

This is my favorite restaurant in Calgary. Yes, the service is a bit slow, as the server that we always get is the only one working on slow nights, but the service is always friendly, professional and accurate! I have eaten here over a dozen times and have never had a bad experience. The atmosphere is romantic. There is live music on weekends.
The seafood platter for 2 is my favorite! For about $80 you get a whole lobster, crab legs, mussels, clams, shrimp, calamari, rice, veggies, and fish.
The appetizers of the day are always delicious, they are not featured on the menu but are some of my favorite foods that they serve. If you are lucky enough to be there when they are featuring a dish with banana, cheese, and shrimp... order it!

1  Thank DisneyCanada
Reviewed December 22, 2010

If you are looking for a cozy and romantic dinner for two the Blue House is the best restaurant in Calgary. Chef Chad serves up the best seafood and steak in town and their desserts are to die for!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed February 15, 2008

Food is good, but service is always very slow and it is overpriced!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook