“Great Owners & Service”

Neighborhood: Mission
Calgary, Alberta
“Great Owners & Service”
Reviewed March 26, 2014

As a vegetarian, there wasn't much choice for me on the menu (there was one or two things). However the owner went out of the way to prepare me my own dish off menu which was greatly appreciated.

Our diner party requested a wine that was sold out, so the server actually ran to the liquor store to retrieve it.

5 stars for service all the way.

• Visited December 2013

“Dont love garlic? Dont go!”
Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

I LIVED this place!!! Yes everything has garlic in it, hence the name. If u don't like garlic, stay home!! Stinky steak, chocolate covered garlic cloves, ohhh yaaaa!!!! But probably no good night kisses: u will stink afterwards

“Just ok”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

As the name suggests there is garlic in almost every dish! So you have got to like a bit of garlic to come here. The garlic in some of the dishes we had was a bit overwhelming so it was nice to have a dessert at the end with no garlic. I would say that this is an ok restaurant to have a meal - everything was fine but did not feel like there was anything that was particularly great or made me think I would like to eat there again so I would not particularly recommend it.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank OnO955
Calgary, Canada
“Happy New Year with Tony”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We rang in the New Year over a scotch with Tony after a delicious meal. We started with Pongy Prawns and Spicy Prawns as an appetizer. One of our friends wanted a mushroom appetizer that wasn't on the menu, so Tony whipped something up for her. We enjoyed Rack of Lamb as our entrée. It was a full rack, which is hard to find in restaurants these days. For dessert I had the apple garlic pie.

• Visited December 2013
Canada
“Mixed Feelings”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

It was difficult to give this restaurant a correct rating. They scored 5 for service, ambiance, decor, promptness, accommodation. And in our menu choices, one of our appetizers was outstanding (the Garlic Pork Dumplings - incredible dish), but the other appetizer was very disappointing (Garlic Clove - baked brie in bread). My meal of Tiger Ling pasta was delicious shrimp served on boring white flavorless pasta. My partner had Linguine Pescatore, which had lots of seafood, but didn't taste fresh or have a nice flavor. The oddest thing was that our meal ended with a complimentary white and milk chocolate covered roasted garlic clove. Not sure if there was enough to bring us back here.

• Visited November 2013