“So much flavour”

Good for: Families with children
Neighborhood: Mission
“So much flavour”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I always order the Mouhammara to start. A delicious dip made of red peppers and walnuts. The hummus is great as well although a little more acidic than others I have had. So much flavour in the dishes I have tried, which include the kafta kabob and fattoush salad. Come here over and over again. Don't forget reservations are highly reccomended on the weekend.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Andie07

“Excellent food!”
Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I have eaten here a few times and it's always been very good. The Muhammara is my favourite appetizer although the dips are all good. The white bean salad is delicious and their kabobs have good flavour. Left there with a delicious garlic taste in my mouth...

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Expensive and stale”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

This restaurant used to be good. It's not anymore and the best part of our meal was the Lebanese beer!
The food was below average and the fatayer felt like they were microwaved from frozen. The falafel were crumble fest and the hommos was overly acidic.

The food might be good enough if it wasn't so expensive!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank ZAbra2013
Hay River, Canada
“Falafel is a must”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Shared the dip platter with Fatoush salad. Everything was delicious but especially liked the falafel. Nice setting and great service.

• Visited January 2013
“Still a terrific place”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

My wife and I dined here last week. We've been many times since the restaurant opened, but hadn't visited for more than 1 year. I had the Calamari starter and we both had lamb kebob platters, with hummous and fattoush, accompanied by a bottle of Sicilian white wine ($30.00). The calamari was tender with a very tasty sauce. In our opinion, Aida's makes the best hummous in Calgary, and we don't think it has changed in about 20 years. The lamb was tender and perfectly cooked and the fattoush fresh and flavorful. We arrived early, without a reservation, and the restaurant soon was filled. Between dealing with a full house and arranging take-outs, the 2 servers were busy, but remained pleasant and reasonably attentive. We think Aida's is great value and were pleased that it still serves excellent quality Mediterranean food.

• Visited December 2012