“Very nice rooms”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Airport - Calgary
Ranked #65 of 110 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We use the hotel as meeting point as we are group that had different arrivals to Calgary and the hotel was close to the airport.
The staff was very friendly, the rooms large and quite, no restaurant in the hotel so we were directed to the next door hotel that have one.
The breakfast was very good and included in the price of the room.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank YKRaanana
GM_HIEAirportCalgary, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Airport - Calgary, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

YKRaanana,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. As we are a Holiday Inn Express- we do not have a restaurant in our Hotel however yes we do offer the Full Hot Complimentary Buffet breakfast each morning and there is lots of restaurants very close by and within walking distance.

Have a great day and we look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here unexpectedly after a travel delay. Shuttle driver came in the middle of the night to get us. It would have cost a fortune for a cab due to all the construction in the area. Room was clean, beds fine. Towels very ragged but clean. Safety bar in shower. Decent night sleep. Expensive, but we arrived at the last minute.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank HTOTMO
GM_HIEAirportCalgary, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Airport - Calgary, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Thank you very much for submitting a review.

Due to being within such a close proximity to the Calgary International Airport our rates are very comparable to the surrounding Hotels.

Thank you for your wonderful comments about our Complimentary Airport Shuttle I have passed on your energizing comments to our Airport Shuttle team as they appreciate the feedback.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

We stayed here on a trip to Calgary (both to fly in and out). The shuttle driver was great! When I arrived before normal check-out time and asked to leave my bags at the desk until my room was ready, staff were not hesitant to see if they could accommodate my very early arrival - which they did. A special shout out to Tanya, her trainee (didn't get her name) and Marilyn!
We love going with Holiday Inn Express & Suites for the main fact that they are always so willing to go the extra mile - now that's customer service!!! And I have never had a bad experience with their breakfast - it's always more than adequate for any traveler!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank marmarmuk

Thank you very much marmarmuk for your candid review. I can’t tell you how much we appreciate all your kind words about all of our staff. Your review will be printed off for everyone as a reminder of the great job they do in going the extra mile to ensure each and every stay is an enjoyable one. We very much so look forward to having you stay with us again. Have a great day!

Reviewed June 21, 2013

We stayed here for two nights last weekend and were very pleased. Front desk and all other staff we met were very friendly and helpful. We enjoyed the breakfast both morning and never had an issue with crowding.

Our room was clean and well maintained. The only nitpick I have is that the pool was pretty cool. We had a child with us and we chose this property because of the waterslide. The pool temperature certainly cut down on the time spent at the pool and our enjoyment. If the pool was 2-4 degrees warmer I would have given a four so if the pool isn’t an issue for you I can easily recommend this property.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Saskwatches
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Airport - Calgary, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Dear Saskwatches,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I'm very sorry you were not satisfied with the temperature of the pool. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Nice room, decent size, large bathroom, comfortable beds. Breakfast area was crowded on a Sunday morning. Me and 5 of my friends were on a small table having breakfast. Other than that food is great. Kids enjoyed the water slide and I like the huge hot tub.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ms_Michaela
GM_HIEAirportCalgary, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Airport - Calgary, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Mitch_Bal,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review.

I am sorry to hear the Breakfast Bar was a bit squishy on the Sunday morning during your stay as we had a group with us and everybody must have had the same idea at the same time! I am happy to hear you enjoyed the breakfast and the kids loved the pool!

We look forward to having you and yours stay with us again.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

Clean comfortable rooms. Good location right by the airport. Free Wifi worked well. Staff were friendly on check in and check out, Cleaning staff always smiled and said hello. Kids loved the pool, adults were allowed to sit in the breakfast area in the evening and relax as a group as long as we behaved. Breakfast good, clean area. No issues/concerns whatsoever.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Lightjug
GM_HIEAirportCalgary, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Airport - Calgary, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Lightjug,

Thank you for the wonderful review. We are grateful for the nice comments regarding the staff here and the facilities. These detailed comments will definitely help a future traveler to Calgary on deciding where to stay, so we truly appreciate it. We are looking forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

This property is a newer one and has a nice setup and decent rooms at a convenient location. During my previous two stays, I have had problems with Wi-Fi internet but not this time. Now those are all the positives. For a Platinum Elite member of Priority Club rewards, this hotel does not like to upgrade people and the standard excuse offered to me was that the hotel is sold out. (I had spoken to the Guest Relations manager a day prior to arrival to this affect). Now that is certainly possible but I do not like to suffer fools. Upon check in, I used my cell phone to call the front desk and asked if a room was available. I was informed that I could have a suite for $195 (I was paying $148 for the standard two queen beds room). I left it that and felt cheated by the Priority Club for its inability to enforce uniform standards. Do not expect anyone to smile at the front desk or to make you feel welcome. It seems that they are all stressed out because of Management policies. The washrooms are good size but the amenities are basic, just towels, soaps and shampoo/conditioner. Do not expect vanity kits, mouthwash, shower gel or shoe shiners unlike other similar hotels of this chain. The quality of food and service for the breakfast was below average. Otherwise the stay was ok. I do not think it is a place where I will return to again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank psahaye
GM_HIEAirportCalgary, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Airport - Calgary, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Dear Psahaye,

I sincerely apologize your stay was less than perfect, I do want you to know we do value you very much as a Priority Club Platinum Member along with every single one of our Elite Priority Club Members who stay with us quite frequently. We do our very best to honor a minimum of 30 Platinum Members daily. We are a very popular and high traffic hotel of 100% occupancy every Monday -Thursday and are not always able to follow the Priority Club Rewards Rule of PCR Elite Members being eligible for an upgrade if available upon check in, due to us not having the availability. However we are able to offer upgrades in many different ways such as a high floor, being away from an elevator, ice machines, etc and that is something that is always done for our PCR Elite Members.

Thank you.