Meetings in the northeast prompted me to choose this location over my usual stop downtown. The building is relatively new and the area is a bit empty but expanding. Keep in mind that Barlow Trail to the airport is closed right now so if you're taking a cab it's not as though the property is a short drive away. They do have shuttle although I had a rental car so I can't comment on that service.
I was on the first floor right by the elevators (rm 114). Despite the location there was very little noise coming into the room except for the moron guests who like to make phone calls while standing right outside a guest room door. Definitely not the hotel's fault but a "quiet please" sign might be helpful. The room has a jacuzzi tub and large desk. It is well appointed but the bathroom is an odd design. Everything was clean and functional but the space could have been better used. The room has a fridge and microwave, flat-screen tv (a bit small) and ample seating and storage areas. The wireless internet seemed relatively stable and fast enough but I opted to dig out the cable form under the desk to use the wired connection.
I found the bed to be a bit too firm but that's a personal thing. Also, the fake fireplace is a bit of a waste in my opinion. A real gas fireplace or some other thing to take up the space would be better. There is quite a stretch of floor tile as well so if you get up to use the loo without footwear on it is a bit cold. Keep in mind that the hotel is a bit out of the way but if you have a vehicle you're less than 10 minutes from a casino, shopping and many restaurants. There is also a Moxies across the way at the Sandman hotel.
Overall I would say it's a very good property that's easy to find, has a large breakfast area and friendly staff. If you're on business or need a stopover point for the airport then you can't go wrong here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience Holiday Inn Express Airport Calgary’s outstanding guest service and expect a great rest in one of our 101 elegant and spacious guest rooms. Located south of Calgary International Airport (YYC). Hotel amenities include free airport shuttle, free wired and wireless high-speed internet access, business centre, pool and waterslide, fitness centre and guest laundry. Each guest room includes at least one 32” LCD TV, large work desk with ergonomic chair, mini-fridge, microwave, coffee maker and voice-mail. Our complimentary Express Start Hot Breakfast Bar is served every morning in our Great Room – start your morning off right with the world’s best tasting cinnamon roll.Jetting out on a vacation ? - leave your vehicle here unattended for just $7/day for a maximum 7 days. The Holiday Inn Express Airport Calgary would love to be the host of your next corporate or leisure meeting. We have a variety of meeting rooms to accommodate between 10 to 100 people. Family suites and jacuzzi suites available for the perfect weekend getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Airport - Calgary reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Airport - Calgary Hotel Calgary
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Airport - Calgary
- Holiday Inn Express Calgary
- Calgary Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Calgary