“WOW!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Grey Eagle Resort
Ranked #15 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
“WOW!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

Such a classy hotel. The building is gorgeous, rooms clean and beds comfortable. The customer service was outstanding!!! Food was remarkable. I highly recommend this hotel. It only took about 15 minutes to get downtown. There is also a pool inside and hot tub outside. Highly recommended.

Stayed July 2014
GERC-Management, General Manager at Grey Eagle Resort, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Hello Janelle B

I greatly appreciate you writing a review and letting me know how you enjoyed staying with us. You are right, the staff are incredible and very caring to all of our guests. Access to downtown is literally 10 minutes away but yet we back onto the rocky mountains giving you that Resort feel which we are. Calgary's only Resort Destination!

See you next time you pass through Calgary.

Kevin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

I had stayed here for 4 days during a business conference in Calgary and during startup of Stampede! I was expecting something completely different! I figured it would be your everyday entry level Casino accommodations with your super 8 style rooms!!! WRONG!! This was the exact opposite! This place is trendy modern and ultra-quiet located in a convenient side of the city with quick access to all the cities amenities in a 10 minute radius. Rooms are large and bright and very clean! Staff was extremely friendly and the small quaint restaurant had delicious food that not even most could expect! I will be back and I must say that the rack of lamb and the crab cakes are still on my mind!!! Hope to return again!

Room Tip: Mountain view!!!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GERC-Management, Manager at Grey Eagle Resort, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Dear Halichef

Thank you very much for the email as it allows us to pass on the good and bad to our employees to we can make this hotel the very best for guests like you. The rack of lamb is one of my favorite as well in the restaurant.

I look forward in many more years with guests like you, the door is always open!

Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2014

My husband and I spent one night here - we arrived late and hungry and the hotel staff were very helpful with information on the various restaurant options available there. The hotel is new and modern and the staff were very welcoming. The King Room was spacious, nicely laid out and furnished with great AC system which was very useful as it was quite a toasty night out, bed and pillows were very comfy; the bathroom was lovely with nice toiletries (I bring some of my own but it's always a little treat to try new ones). Hot breakfast buffet was included and was really good; the dining room was nicely set out and included staff to help you and to clear tables promptly. We didn't get a chance to check out the amenities - pool, hot tub, etc but based on the room, lobby and dining room, I'm sure the facilities are great as well. There is a casino separate from the hotel but attached - we went to one of the restaurants at the casino for a cocktail and late night dinner - everything was good although you should be aware that smoking is allowed there. We are not smokers but they have a good air system so we hardly noticed that there were a few people smoking at the restaurant. The location is in the south side of Calgary which worked out perfectly for us as it was very near where we needed to be. I would definitely recommend this hotel and hope to go stay there again in the future.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank PrincessCaroline13
GERC-Management, General Manager at Grey Eagle Resort, responded to this review, July 6, 2014
Dear Princesscaroline13

Thank you very much for your response we greatly appreciate it. I am thrilled that you can see the quality and value in staying at Calgary's only Resort. This is the third month that we are up and running and everything is going smoothly.

We hope to see you soon, thank you very much for the business!

Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

A beautiful new hotel, with great service and all the amenities.
From the moment we arrived we were welcomed and made to feel at home. The hotel has spacious rooms, very well appointed. The restaurant is a reason to visit on its own. Superb cuisine and excellent service. There is also a casino on site. If this hotel were downtown it would likely be more than twice the price. If you don't mind a short drive this is well worth checking in to. You won't want to leave.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jaryd M, General Manager at Grey Eagle Resort, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Hello Hockeydad1962

Thank you very much for staying with us on your trip to Calgary. I greatly appreciate your business and hope to personally see you on your next visit.

Halifax
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

My husband and I recently stayed here with our 6 month old son. Just like another lady commented having someone jump to hold a door open for anyone in a big city is hard to come by but seems to be the norm here! Staff was so friendly and welcoming.
The modern decor of the hotel is done perfectly. The clean lines and earth tones makes this gem feel like a small Vegas resort in the heart of Calgary!
The outdoor seating area is fabulous and comfortable making it a perfect spot to enjoy one of their delicious B52's!
We has dinner at the hotel restaurant and was surprised at just how upscale the food was. The presentation was beautiful and the portions were a great size. My husband used to be a chef and can be hard to please but loved everything! The continental breakfast was a step up from your regular free breakfast. It was hot and fresh eggs, bacon, hash browns, sausage, and all the fruit you could want!
We stayed in the one bedroom suite and it was fantastic. We couldn't decide if we wanted to watch the 60" in the living room or the 50" in the bedroom so instead I enjoyed the giant soaker tub! The bed was very comfortable and the room was spotless. Will absolutely return to this one!

• Stayed June 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GERC-Management, General Manager at Grey Eagle Resort, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Hello Mrsjetsetter79

Thank you very much for the email. I am very happy to hear that your stay was wonderful, as a new hotel we are working hard to achieve this goal.

We look forward to your next stay!

Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

From the minute I walked into the hotel with my infant and my teenager I knew it was going to be the Rest and Relaxing weekend I needed. We didn't check into the hotel until the evening, so our check in was quick, professional, efficient and welcoming.

Access: Maybe living in Calgary before made this extremely easy but I want to say how SIMPLE this hotel is to get to for out of town guests. We came from Edmonton and to be able to avoid downtown and the Deerfoot was a bonus. Being SW some would think it is out of the way but its mere minutes from Chinook, Downtown and access to the major routes to reach other area's of the city. That alone sets it apart from many many others.

Atmosphere: Welcoming. Everyone says hello and let's be honest, if someone runs to open a door when they see someone with a stroller, I am in heaven. It has a crisp feeling, the décor is a classic white with wood accents and selective native art pieces, its beautiful and with the mountain view in the background....it is Calgary's new hidden gem.

Amenities: Great workout room! Great pool area and the hot tub will be ready for our next visit! There is a Casino attached to the hotel but you would never know and for families like mine...it was rather refreshing to have that distinct separation.

I have read the other reviews and put a lot of thought into this one. There are hotels in Calgary that are not as "new", cost more, and lack in customer service and pride in ownership. I didn't hear anyone in the halls and I know there were people on my floor, staff stopped to admire the baby which is fantastic as any mother knows but also it gave me confidence that they welcomed families.

With each week the hotel is open I know the bumps that were mentioned in the other reviews will get better, I didn't experience any of them but I have stayed in many hotels in Calgary and you will find those complaints with every one of them.

We look forward to coming as a family again, I came home relaxed and looking forward to our next visit. Congratulations Grey Eagle, you are a diamond in the rough.

Room Tip: Ask for a mountain view! And remember breakfast is included with your room!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Katie S

Thank you very much for your response. I am thrilled to hear that your family was very happy with the New Grey Eagle Resort & Casino! We have been working hard to make sure that all guests with children have the best experience as possible.

I look forward to your next visit!

Red Deer, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

I booked this hotel for my husbands surprise birthday party. The front desk staff were very pleasant and accomodating in keeping my surprise. The hotel is very nice, and the staff were all very kind and attentive. We ended up in a lovely suite with great views which accomodated all of our party. We had some food catered and both the food and staff were excellent. All the rooms were very nice and lots of comments about the comfortable beds and the hot breakfast included. It was a shame we couldn't have stayed longer!

Until next time....

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Linda K

Thank you very much for having your husbands birthday party at the Resort, I am very please to hear that everything went well. This is a great venue to hold such an event as there are many activities to do.

If we can help out for next years birthday party, please contact me directly at kyates@greyeaglecasino.ca